Equity Bank is one of the region’s leading banks whose purpose is to transform the lives and livelihoods of the people of Africa socially and
economically by availing them modern and inclusive financial services that maximise their opportunities.
With a strong footprint in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, South Sudan and DRC Congo, Equity Bank is now home to nearly 12 million customers – the largest customer base in Africa.
Currently the Bank is seeking additional talent to serve in the role outlined below.
Vacant Position: Senior Business Growth & Development Manager
Job Responsibilities / Accountabilities
Reporting to the Regional General Manager – Operations, the ideal candidate will be responsible for generating new businesses, ensuring that high quality standards of customer experience are provided in order to attract, retain and grow wallet share for increased sustainable business and optimise resources mainly human capital and bank assets in order to achieve a quality, effective and efficient business model
while appreciating the business risks.
i) Strategy Execution
- Own the branch targets and deplore a robust strategy on how to meet and exceed the targets
- Unlock key business opportunities and manage key relationships and clients
- Harness support of key business enablers to support realisation of the strategy
ii) Business Development
- Build trusted relationships with both corporate and high net worth clients and other key stakeholders with an aim to expand market and grow wallet share
- Promote and execute business growth initiatives and new products
- Proactively seek market lending and deposit opportunities from current and prospective clients
- Champion growth of non-funded income lines to ensure a balanced healthy business
- Understand and provide clear direction to the branch based on market analysis and local area customer trends and competitor offering
- Budget accountability: responsible for strict cost management in the branch
iii) People Management
- Drive and inculcate the right corporate culture at all times
- Create an empowering environment for direct reports that fosters creativity and encourages innovation
- Develop a high performing team through effective use of KPIs/SMART targets and timely reviews with active feedback and coaching
- Ensure training of staff is carried out and business continuity plans are in place
- Reward and recognise high performing teams and staff, hence motivating the team towards high performance
- Directly responsible for discipline among staff within the branch by following the Bank’s disciplinary and grievance procedures
- Conduct regular meetings with branch staff to ensure all staff are on track on performance, receive feedback on any issues arising from the business and support those with performance challenges
- Mentor and develop upcoming Managers
iv) Customer Experience
- Ensure the branch achieves service excellence by closely monitoring and improving customer service standards, through closely working with the Regional Customer Service Managers
- Ensure regular training on customer service is done for the branch teams by the Customer Service Champions
- Ensure stellar customer service and prompt attendance to any customer complaints
v) Compliance & Risk
- Ensure that all operations and controls within the branches are adhered to and in compliance with set regulations to protect the business
- Achieve performance standards in the branch audit; low Portfolio At Risk (PAR) by ensuring that there is quality lending; no fraud and overall high compliance standards; participate in branch Credit Committee meetings
- Budget planning, control and evaluation for the branch
vi) Brand & Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
- Promote the brand of the Bank by ensuring cleanliness, branding and participating in community related initiatives
- Support CSR activities in the branch and beyond
- Guard the Bank against reputational risk by ensuring effective governance in the branch
On request, participate in Departmental and or Group wide business initiatives including any other matters that may be assigned from time to time.
- Is exceptional at relationship management
- Is an inclusive leader with an extroverted interest in people
- Enjoys responsibility, authority and the social initiative required by a leadership position
- Applies pressure in a charismatic way to achieve an objective and to gain acceptance of their point of view
- Applies interpersonal skills, self-confidence and charisma to influence and persuade
- Is an excellent motivator, knows how to communicate and can persuade
- Is very independent, has no difficulty accepting risks and has a strong sense of urgency
- Displays initiative and an enthusiastic, positive and persuasive style
- Takes immediate control of situations and does what it takes to attain objectives and solve problems
- Makes decisions in a spontaneous and confident way, based on the available information
- Is a good team leader; with a confident and “in charge” attitude to lead the group to the completion of goals
- Encourages direct reports by delegating work, exerting effective controls progressively towards objectives
- Able to lead and inspire the team including other managers to achieve results
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Equity Bank is an equal opportunity employer.
We value the diversity of individuals, ideas, perspectives, insights and values and what they bring to the workplace.