St Andrew’s School, Turi is a top independent Christian boarding international school in Kenya offering the British Curriculum to pupils aged 5 to 18.
The School sets excellent standards in the classroom, on the sports field, in music, drama and other areas. It provides a safe boarding environment in which young people can feel at home away from home.
St. Andrew’s School, Turi wishes to fill the following position in the School as from February, 2018.
The School comprises two semi-autonomous Schools: the Preparatory school for pupils between of ages of 3 – 13 and the Senior School for pupils between the ages of 13-18.
The CCTV Operator is an Estate appointment and is responsible to the Facilities Manager. S/he will work closely with the Facilities Manager in the performance of his/her duties.
- Monitor and operate the CCTV cameras and equipment in the CCTV Control Room on a 12-hour shift pattern covering 24 hours, 7 days per week
- Follow protocols for maintaining the security of the CCTV Control Room and the School facilities
- Report any incidents that occur immediately to the Facilities Manager
- Maintain accurate up to date records of data recordings and events
- Monitor all activities in and around the School and where necessary report all unauthorised or suspicious activities to the appropriate managers
- To keep all logs up to date so that the following shift staff and CCTV team are aware of the issue and any further action that may need to be taken
- Work closely with others CCTV Operators and Security Team to ensure safety of all people and property in the School.
- A diligent, person of integrity who is able to keep confidentiality in a security matters
Personal & professional attributes
- Diploma in Criminology or Security related training
- At least two years’ experience in a similar position
- Good knowledge of CCTV and control room operations
- Sharp technical mind and capable of working with all different models of video equipment.
- Keen eye for detail and good memory for keeping notes during the course of a shift
- Computer literate
A full job description is available on request from the HR Director. If you feel that you meet the required criteria, please complete the School’s application form which can be downloaded from the School website HERE and return the completed form by email to HRDirector@turimail.co.ke
Closing Date for applications: January 31, 2018