The Catholic Diocese of Nakuru – Social Welfare Program wishes to recruit a highly motivated and competent individual to fill the following position.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Is directly responsible for providing effective Diocesan level coordination of secretariat mediated programmes in areas of peace building and conflict transformation.
- Develops and coordinates effective implementation of peace promotional activities in liaison with.
- Participates in the coordination of ongoing peace arrangements in conflict prone areas at Parish/grassroots level, for early warning and rapid response to violent conflicts.
- Develops work plans and monitoring tools for the programme in the designated area of operation.
- Participates in development of fundraising proposals and carries out resource mobilization for the activities in the service areas.
Qualifications and Experience
- Hold at least a Bachelors degree in Social Sciences, with additional training in Peace Building and Conflict Resolution.
- Have 2 years relevant project management experience in areas of community development work
- Have at least 1 year of field experience in conflict settings, with a demonstrated experience in peace building activities at the grassroots level.
- Excellent facilitation and coordination skills
- Good interpersonal skills, communication, computer and report writing skills
- Experience from interacting with NGO’s and government funding agencies would be an added advantage
- Demonstrate an awareness of gender issues in relation to peace building work
- Possess a clean and valid driving license
Interested candidates should submit their applications, enclosing a detailed CV, copies of academic testimonials and names of three referees and day time telephone contacts to:
Catholic Diocese of Nakuru
P.O. Box 938 – 20100
or E-mail us – firstname.lastname@example.org
So as to be received by 31st January 2017.
MUST indicate Current & Expected consolidated salary in your application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.