Chemonics International, a U.S.-based international development consulting firm, is seeking technical specialists and professional support staff for an anticipated USAID-funded cross-border trade and resilience project in the East African Community (EAC) countries.
The Strengthening Agriculture and Regional Resilience and project will assist the Governments of Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, and Burundi as well as other neighboring nations to improve regional integration by identifying and mitigating policy constraints to agricultural trade and value chains, scaling up best practices, and strengthening the resilience and cooperation of regional networks.
We are seeking technical specialists in the following areas:
- Trade and Policy Reform
- Enabling Environment for Private Sector Competitiveness
- ICT for Agriculture
- Value Chain Development – livestock, agriculture, horticulture
- Agribusiness Management
- Regional association and Organization Development
- Livestock, Dairy and Poultry Production and Marketing
- Climate Change Resilient Agriculture
- Youth engagement
Qualifications for technical specialists:
- Master’s degree required in agriculture, economics, trade policy, international development, or a related field
- Minimum of seven years of experience designing, implementing, and managing agriculture programs in one or more EAC countries
- Experience with USAID–funded donor projects
- Ability to collaborate effectively with the private sector, government entities, and international donors
- Fluency in English required, proficiency in regional languages desired
Please CLICK HERE to apply online through our recruitment page by February 28, 2018
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and finalists will be contacted for an interview.