Job Title: Chief Actuary
Role Introduction: Our client, a leader in Insurance seeks to engage and hire a Chief Actuary professional responsible for the provision of leadership and oversight to the actuarial department including developing the actuarial function to support the organisation’s risk management, capital management and financial reporting capabilities with the aim of maximising embedded value.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing oversight of the actuarial function which includes reserving, asset/liability functions, capital modelling, experience review, pricing, and asset/liability modelling and risk management;
- Developing a capital management model and defining optimal capital requirements and continually reviewing the capital model based on the risk profile of business undertaken by the company;
- Providing technical product support to the Product Innovation Committee and the organisation to ensure development of relevant products to meet market needs and profitability of the company;
- Assessing current and future business plans and assessing impact on the company’s solvency position and advising management appropriately on the solvency adequacy as well as provide recommendations;
- Use modelling techniques and statistical concepts to determine probability and assess risks and give best estimates, implementing the actuarial control cycle;
- Monitoring and evaluating the level of mismatch of the asset and liability portfolios and update the management on the same;
- Applying actuarial disciplines to enable granular analysis, monitoring and commentary on trends in factors that directly or indirectly impact financial performance of the company;
- Developing and mentoring actuarial staff members to enable the deployment of actuarial disciplines into the relevant functional areas of the business.
- Commercial Acumen;
- Strong Communication and Negotiation Skills;
- Creative and Innovative;
- Deciding and Initiating Action;
- Persuading and Influencing;
- Leadership and Relationship Management.
- Bachelors’ degree in actuarial science, statistics, engineering, mathematics or any equivalent with a strong emphasis on mathematical proficiency;
- Masters’ Degree in a Business related course;
- Fellow of the Institute of Actuaries (15 papers);
- Twelve (12) years’ experience in the insurance industry five (5) of which must be in senior management in an actuarial function in a reputable organisation.
How to Apply
If you are qualified and up to the challenge visit www.altimaafrica.com/careers.php and apply online by 5pm 30th January, 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.