Cipla, a global pharmaceutical firm is looking to employ an Area Sales Manager.
It is imperative that this person has no less than 5 years’ experience in the pharma industry and should have staunch respiratory brand building experience and demonstrable leadership skills.
1. Job Purpose: Manage the Area Sales team through positive planning and deployment and builds rapport with key customers and expands customer base to achieve sales financial objectives, customer satisfaction and market share for the assigned area in alignment with the overall objectives of the Commercial team.
2. Key Responsibilities
Accountability Cluster and Major Activities / Tasks
I. Achieve Sales Target for the Area in alignment with the Overall commercial plan
- Ensure systems are in place to allow sales team to receive their sales targets as per the predefined budget
- Responsible for the achievement of volume, revenue and profit targets in territory
- Initiate changes to use existing resources and forecast changing requirements and recommending changes as necessary
- Ensure sales plan implementation – tracks, pushes and motivates sales team, reports and evaluates the progress together with the sales team and adjusts the plan
- Observes the performance of each Sales Representative and coaches in the field on a regular basis
- Directs selling activities within the Area inclusive of Resource Deployment.
- Interacts with team on a regular basis and personally guides them as necessary.
II. Develops and manages Stake holder relationships within and outside the Cipla
- Maintains and expands customer base by counseling sales representatives, builds rapport with key customers and identifies new customer opportunities
- Interacts with line managers to ensure Sales meets the needs of the business
- Ensures alignment with customer and stakeholder policy and procedure
- Ensures SLAs are in place and are adhered to and refined.
- Engages and consults stakeholders to determine timelines for Area Sales requirements
- Interacts with difficult customers and tries to resolve dissatisfaction
- Ensures communication of key issues and sales information with senior management
III. Lead a motivated and effective sales team to achieve the sales target for the Area
- Ensures implementation of HR processes and procedures
- Motivates and leads the team of representatives by setting a personal example
- Coaches and mentors the sales representatives to achieve difficult goals and helps resolve problems
- Ensures adequate sales process and product training for all team members
- Prioritizes tasks and ensures resource deployment as necessary
- Counsels poor performers and enables them by providing necessary support
- Develops individual development plans and conducts performance reviews
- Facilitates knowledge and skill transfer and fosters team building
- Responsible for recruitment, assessment of team members
IV. Implement Sales and Marketing Agenda in the territory and track sales financial management
- Achieves area sales operational objectives by contributing area sales information and recommendations
- Implements productivity, quality and customer service standards
- Completes audits and identifies trends
- Tracks monthly cost center spend
- Meet Area Sales financial objectives through forecasting requirements and preparing the budget and then scheduling expenditures and variations.
3. Major Challenges
Managing non-performers since the effort of overall team adds up to Region’s performance
Overcome by – Coaching and mentoring initiatives
Managing difficult customers and customer complaints
Overcome by – Analyze problems and seek solutions from superiors for early redressal
4. Key Interactions
- Sales Representatives (Daily) for review and alignment as well as Fieldwork/Trade Visits.
- Sales Admin (Daily) in office
- Regional Head of Sales (3-4 times in a week) for update on work, special deals and sales tracking
- Marketing team (weekly) for product related queries, training, organizing events, brand plans
- Regional Head of Key Accounts (2-3 times in a week) for update on key customers, possible deals and performance
- SFE (2-3 times in a week) for sales data, analysis and weekly targets
- HR (need based) for Leadership Development team or to resolve employee related queries
- Competitive Companies’ employees (as and when required)
- Government officials
- Achieving Annual territory sales target
- Maintain & grow market share, and grow ahead of the market
- Product Portfolio Brands – Ensure growth expectation on key focus brands are met.
- Ensure that Customers achieve their Medium/Annual forecasts
6. Skills & Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in biomedical / natural sciences.
- Diploma in Business Management or a qualification with specialization in Sales and Marketing
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the Pharma industry and ability to manage and motivate a large sales team
- Staunch respiratory brand building experience and demonstrable leadership skills.
- Analytical skills, attention to detail.
- Great organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to interact at a high level with clients, senior management and authorities.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Decision–making, problem-solving, creativity.
- Acquired good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to understand business process and be able to interpret business needs.
- Positive, confident, self-motivated and able to work as a member of a team.
Applicants send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 25th January 2018.
Equity Statement: We are committed to Employment Equity when recruiting internally and externally. Should you not receive a response within four weeks of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.