Intern Job Advertisement
Our client, a clearing and forwarding company with branches in Nairobi and Mombasa is looking to recruit an Intern who is a hardworking and motivated individual, to assist in the day to day running of the office and other field activities.
This position is based in Mombasa and will require the candidate to be living in Mombasa.
- Receiving pre- alerts of clearance documents from customer care
- Open file for new shipments
- Tracking import shipments through internet and phone calls from various shipping lines
- Daily reports writing of shipments and performing assigned duties and when required
- Record keeping, editing compiling and filing of documents
- Ensure all Imports customs files are opened and have all the relevant documents including customs entries, clearance documents etc before being lodged for processing with customs and other stakeholders
- Process all documents for clearance and delivery of clients’ shipments.
- Ensure all relevant documents received and processed are as per the standard level agreements (SLA)
- Clear all cargo within the shortest period and storage free where documents provided in advance. Effectively represent the company and clients by attending to customs verification process
- Make sure any and all discrepancies noted during verification are informed to the HoD Imports as well as the Client Services representative / Account Manager.
- Process and make payment of Invoices from the respective Port/ CFS/ Handling Centre
- Ensure all statutory laws governing cargo clearance as stipulated in the government acts are strictly adhered to and inform management on any discrepancies
- Ensure SOPs are adhered to as per the OPS Procedures Manual
- Proactively plans delivery of cargo, including taking delivery instructions and makes sure transporters are notified in advance on loading days, time and dates.
- Be in attendance to receive and direct office visitors
- Receive deliveries, record and direct them accordingly
- Monitor outgoing couriers, mail and sign for both outgoing and incoming deliveries
- Undertakes any other job as allocated by the Team Leader, Head of Department, Operations or Management.
- Degree or diploma in logistics, clearing and forwarding
- At least 1-year experience as a trainee or intern in the clearing and forwarding industry is an added advantage
- Open minded and a quick learner
- Residing in Mombasa preferably near the town
If you have the above qualifications, kindly send your cv to email@example.com on or before 10th January 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.