Are you a self –driven individual looking for an employer that grows with you, look no further, Co-operative Bank is seeking a skilled and reliable quantity surveyor to join our established organization.
We are looking for a highly experienced candidate with a record of accomplishment and an expert in quantity surveying.
Reporting to the Head Projects and Facilities, the Quantity Surveyor is responsible for proper contracting, cost management and value management for Bank’s construction, refurbishment and maintenance projects.
He manages all aspects of contractual and financial side of construction.
Specifically, the successful jobholder will be required to:
- Provide support to the Bank in construction, project management, maintenance and security of the Bank’s capital assets in particular Bank premises with emphasis on structural and construction issues.
- Manage and oversee routine scheduled maintenance work and respond to equipment faults and carry out quality inspections on jobs.
- Ensure proper contracting, cost management and value management for Bank’s construction, refurbishment and maintenance projects.
- Work closely with key internal and external stakeholders to develop cost reduction strategies and implementation plans.
- Supervise projects in liaison with the Bank’s consultants, to successful completion within the shortest period as may be agreed from time to time.
- Manage construction costs in the new outlets and other refurbishments as may be agreed from time to time.
- Prepare blank bills of quantities and other tender documents to be issued to contractors for tendering.
- Liaise with procurement team and external consultants on all tender processes including shortlisting of contractors, tender invitations, tender opening and tender evaluation.
- Prepare valuations for in-house projects, evaluate and monitor payments to contractors at various stages of construction.
- Ensure complete and proper documentation of all on-going and completed projects such as contracts, performance bonds, and all necessary documentation.
- Prepare repair specifications, select suitable contractors to carry out the works and prepare maintenance tender documents.
Desired Skills and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in Building Economics or equivalent
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong Preventive and Active maintenance skills, Construction & Project Management skills
- Excellent communication, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent business skills and knowledge of managing budgets, leading a team and liaising with suppliers.
- Ability to build strong relationships across the organization.
- Advanced report writing and presentation skills.
- Sound ability to prioritize, time-manage, and honor deadline.
How to Apply
If you are confident that you fit the role and person profile and you are keen to add value to your career, please forward your application enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com indicating the job reference number QS/COO/2017 by 4th February, 2018.