Vacant Position: Construction Project Manager – Rural Community Projects
Salary: 100k – 150K
Our client is a fast growing company conducting sustainable energy and retail business.
They seek to hire a construction project manager who will be in charge of planning, overseeing and implementing construction projects for Connected Solar Market Centers (CSMCs).
The centers are mini-shopping malls around the company’s solar e-hubbs in select rural areas and they include restaurants and landscaped sitting areas, barbershops/salons, butcheries among others for rental purposes to Local Entrepreneurs.
Role Summary: The successful candidate will be responsible of Project management establishing the centres including procurement of materials, budgeting, logistics and overall coordination with other departments.
In addition, managing all relationships on the centres including mutual beneficial payment agreements, lasting relationships with the entrepreneurs and constant improvement of the facilities outlook and probable businesses around the solar e-hubbs.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensuring all Market Centres are completed as per the standards set by the company.
- Visiting the construction site and monitoring progress of the Centres under construction.
- Monitoring stock levels, delivery and consumption of materials and the use of equipment with servicing and repairs
- Coordinate with the procurement in purchase of construction materials.
- Delivering the projects within set budget and timelines
- Conduct a daily/weekly technical meeting to review progress, discuss issues and provide solutions.
- Plan and implement daily activities for the construction.
- Ensure quality construction by maintaining standard procedures and guidelines for construction of the Centres.
- Work in consultation with the contractor or his representatives on the site to ensure quality work.
- Develop construction specification and management i.e. prepare Bills of Quantities/Materials in liaison with the Head of Technical and Project Management.
- Prepare work schedule for the Centres based on the designs.
- Ensure that all building materials used in the construction are of quality as recommended by the company.
- Prepare certificate of completion for each construction work completed to facilitate payment of contractors.
- Plan ahead to prevent problems and resolve any emerging ones
- Negotiate terms of agreements, draft contracts and obtain permits and licenses
- Overall responsibility of staff/subcontractors working in the Centres.
- Prepares daily, weekly and monthly construction report.
- Develops yearly construction report.
- Participate in the evaluation of Centre’s activities with the retail and regional teams.
Skills and Qualifications
- Degree in Building Construction / Structural Engineering or Higher Diploma in Construction
- At least 3- 5 years’ experience in project construction management preferably in the rural areas
- Proven track record of completing projects successfully
- Proven Managerial and Leadership skills
- Ability to work highly independently
- Experience in handling community projects
- Technical skills of designing and use of softwares.
- Report writing skills
- Should be structured and organised
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Construction Manager – Rural Community Projects) to firstname.lastname@example.org before Monday, 15th January 2018 .
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.
The Recruiting Manager, 4th floor
Mayfair Suites, Parklands Road, Westlands