Commission on Revenue Allocation
Promoting an Equitable Society
The Commission on Revenue Allocation (CRA) is an independent Commission set up under Article 215 of the Constitution of Kenya.
Its core mandate is to recommend the basis for equitable sharing of revenues raised nationally between the National and County Governments; sharing of revenue among the County Governments and make recommendations on other matters concerning the financing of, and financial management by county governments.
The Commission seeks to recruit a qualified and competent person to fill the following position:
Deputy Chief Executive Officer
The Commission on Revenue Allocation invites applications to fill the above position.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Spearhead the development of revenue sharing policy framework and strategies.
- Oversee the National and County economic analysis and research to inform revenue sharing formula, modelling, policy formulation and implementation.
- Work closely with the CEO and the Commissioners on revenue mobilization and Stakeholder management at the Commission.
- Work closely with the Commission Secretary (CEO) in Management and development of the CRA’s resources and organizational capability and have a good appreciation of CRA’s mandate.
- Oversee as appropriate to the performance of other functions and to the overall achievement of the Commission’s strategic objectives and plans.
- Work effectively as part of the Senior Management Team to deliver on the Key Result Areas (KRA’s)and demonstrate competencies of his/her role.
- Responsible for resource mobilization for the Commission and ensuring budget deficits are sufficiently plugged in.
- Oversee design of effective Corporate communication strategy and best practice for the Commission.
- Ensure effective framework and mechanisms are in place for monitoring Commission’s wide performance.
- Master’s degree in Economics, Research, Statistics, Finance, Strategic Management or related fields;
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Research, Statistics, Business or related field.
- Professional qualifications relevant to their field and be a member in good standing of the relevant professional body.
- At least ten (10) years professional experience in any of the following fields:- Accounting, Auditing, Risk Management, Finance, Economics, Human Resource Management, Law or any other related field at senior management level in a busy, reputable public or private organization;
- Have good understanding of the relevant legislations, best practices and emerging trends in Accounting, Auditing, Risk Management, Finance, Economics, Human Resource Management, Law and other related fields;
- Have a good understanding of the mandate of the Commission on Revenue Allocation as well as National Government operations and financial management system.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements and General Competencies:
- Be a person of integrity, demonstrated professional competence and strong interpersonal skills.
Terms and Conditions of Service:
The Deputy Commission Secretary shall:
1) Be appointed for a term of five (5) years, renewable for a further one term subject to satisfactory performance.
1) If your training, experience and competence match or exceed any of the above minimum requirements, please send (2) separately secured copies of your application, a detailed up-to-date curriculum vitae, indicating current remuneration, e-mail and telephone contacts, together with copies of certificates and testimonials. You should also give the names of three (3) referees who must be familiar with your previous work/academic experience indicating their telephone, postal and email addresses.
2) Application should be addressed to the Commission Secretary, CRA and be sent by post or hand delivered to the Commission offices at 14 Riverside Drive by Tuesday 23rd January 2018 at 5.00 pm. as follows:
APPLICATION FOR THE POSITION OF ___ (insert appropriate position)
To The Commission Secretary
Commission on Revenue Allocation
14 Riverside Drive Grosvenor Block
P.O. Box 1310 – 00200 Nairobi.
3) Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
If you do not hear from us in the next three months from the date of this advertisement, then consider your application unsuccessful.
The CRA is an equal opportunity, gender sensitive and compliant employer