Vacant Position: Dairy Farm Attendant
Location: Ruai (Nairobi)
Accommodation available if necessary
- Prepare feed planning and management schedule as appropriate;
- Ensure effective farm operations such as milking; deworming; timely vaccination among others;
- Ensure that the appropriate tests and checks are undertaken- i.e. water, acidity levels and any chemical reagents are carried out and recorded;
- Ability to spearhead proper silage preparation;
- Ability to perform artificial insemination and knowledge on different kinds and types of breeding;
- Propose animal health programmes if necessary;
- Ensure all relevant Dairy farming policies more so Health and Safety policies are adhered to;
- Assist with management and maintenance of all infrastructure within the business;
- Ensure safe farming is practiced at all times;
- Assist in day-to-day activities and schedule tasks/activities that need to be undertaken;
- Proper record keeping;
- Any other job that may be given.
- Certificate or diploma in Dairy Farming;
- 5+ years rearing Dairy Cattle;
- Breeding Experience will be an added advantage.
- Self-motivation at work as a member of a team being able to communicate effectively with staff on all levels;
- Proper proven experience as a Farm Supervisor having dealt with a team.
- Good understanding of and an interest in dairy farm work and livestock handling;
- Active participation within a team leading operations geared to achieving the farms objectives;
- Project consistent positive attitude towards your work.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can send their cover letter, CV and their testimonials to email@example.com before 30th January 2018.
You MUST indicate your salary expectation on the cover letter.