FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges.
FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
FHI 360 is seeking qualified candidates for the below positions for the HIV Service Delivery Support Activity – Rift Valley project.
Position Title: Data Management Assistant
Reports To: Senior Data Manager
Project: HIV Service Delivery Support Activity – Rift Valley
Requisition / Job ID: 2018200169
2 Positions: Narok County, Turkana-Lodwar
Responsible for organizing, entering data into computer systems and filling data/patient forms appropriately. S/he will be required to maintain data confidentiality and integrity for the project as directed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Entry of program data into project/PEPFAR/GOK databases
- Updating database and other relevant computer files
- Providing basic data summaries as required
- Supporting the data manager in data cleaning
- Filling records appropriately
- Maintaining data confidentiality and security
- Assist in collecting data from sites and programs where necessary
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIREMENTS: KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated ability to work under very strict timelines
- Understanding of importance of quality and timely data
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain relationships among project staff
- Demonstrated good typing speed
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS STANDARDS:
- Diploma in statistics/HIS/ Information Technology with at least 2 years experience in data management work for a complex program
- Computer proficiency in word processing, in Ms Office Suite. Epi Info and familiarity with SPSS preferred.
- Good organization and communication skills.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
How to Apply
FHI 360 has a competitive compensation package and is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested candidates are encouraged to CLICK HERE to apply online or register online through FHI 360’s Career Center www.fhi360.org/careers and key in the Job / Requisition ID where a detailed Job description will be availed.
Applications to be received not later than February 9th 2018.
Locals from the regions mentioned above are encouraged to apply.
Kindly note that only shortlisted persons will be contacted.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.