Sunrise of Africa School, Kitengela
Job Vacancy: Deputy Head Teacher
Sunrise of Africa School is a day primary school located in Kitengela Kajiado County with more than 300 pupils receiving an excellent education based on Christian values from Play Group all the way to Class 8.
The Post: We are hiring the Deputy Head Teacher to assist the Head teacher in ensuring that the school is administered in line with its ideals, while maintaining high academic standards.
You will be responsible for curriculum and academic matter and will play a key role in the leadership of teaching and learning across the school.
You should be highly competent, experienced, dynamic and a motivated educational leader who will assist in providing professional leadership, supervisory and administrative support within a teaching team.
You will be required to participate in, and lead where suitable, extra-curricular programmes in the school and assist in planning and organizing of school events and functions.
Specialization in Mathematics and Science will be advantageous.
- Ensure the school vision is clearly articulated, shared, understood and acted upon effectively by all.
- Build a strong and cohesive culture that is supported by effective systems and structures.
- Set targets and goals for school staff through a participative process.
- Provide regular feedback to colleagues in a way that recognizes good practice and supports their progress against professional and performance management objectives.
- Conduct annual reviews based on standards of leadership, teaching and learning in specific areas.
- Monitor coverage of the syllabus, quality of teaching and effectiveness of learning outcomes.
- Ensure teachers and support staffs have all necessary working resources required for their work.
- Provide leadership in guiding the various co-curricular activities and school based events.
- Work closely with the school management to achieve high levels of team spirit and synergy.
- Handle behaviour rectification matters to develop unique, courteous, respectful individuals.
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior, policies and procedures to maintain order among students.
- Build effective relationships with parents, education partners and external stakeholders.
- Manage school operations in the absence of the School Head.
- Instruct students individually and in groups, adapting teaching methods to meet students’ varying needs and interests.
- Attend professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops in order to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Plan and supervise class projects, field trips, visits by guests, or other activities, and guide students in learning from those activities.
- Assist in bus loading and unloading
You should: –
- Have a strong, demonstrated passion for education and children
- Have Strong classroom management skills.
- Be a team player mentality – enjoy working in teams and group problem solving.
- Care deeply about personal growth and also about developing others.
- Be a qualified P1 teacher licensed by the TSC
- Have a proven track record in educational leadership including school administration, classroom instruction, lesson plans, student assessment and staff development.
- Be excellent IT, interpersonal and communication skills that enables open communication with parents, teachers and learners.
- Be a self-motivated, energetic person who enjoys working in a busy and dynamic working environment.
- Demonstrates ability to think and act critically, creatively and independently.
- The flexibility to learn and adapt to new cultures.
Experience as a Deputy Head, Senior Teacher or Head of Department will be beneficial.
Qualified candidates should send a copy of their CV including current and expected remuneration and contact details of 3 referees to firstname.lastname@example.org or by Post to P. O. Box 5654 – 00100 Nairobi by close of business Sunday, January 28th 2018.