Job title: Managing Director – Kenya
Job Ref: BL25118
Department: Top Management
Salary: Competitive Fix Salary + Bonus + ESOP
Reporting to: Company CEO
Company Background: Our client is a leading commercial Design & Build interior fit out company in East Africa started in 2013 by Gregoire Schwebig (ESSEC graduate, Young Leader AfricaFrance 2017).
Headquartered in Nairobi (Kenya), and with current operations in Uganda, Rwanda and Zambia, the Company aims at becoming the leading commercial Design & Build company in Africa by 2020.
Backed by leading European PE and VC funds, the Company is looking to open offices in Lagos, Accra, Abidjan and Lusaka in Q1/Q2 2018 to sustain and fuel its 150% + annual growth and to become the most successful real estate venture in Africa.
We are therefore currently looking for talented people with a strong interest in Africa to embark on their exciting journey.
Role Description / Responsibilities
As Managing Director Kenya, you’ll play an important role in the company’s quest to become the leading Design & Build company in Sub-Saharan Africa. You will be at the head of our Kenyan subsidiary, which accounts for 90% of our revenue and is the spearhead of our growth.
You will be in charge of:
- Managing the day-to-day business: at the head of your own P&L and a team of 25 persons, you will have to meet sales targets and ensure operations work well.
- Growing the business: you will define the sales strategy and set up conditions of a successful growth (people, financial structure, new business opportunities…)
- Operational strategy: you will define the company strategy to achieve operational excellence and scalability (improve process and quality standards, reduce procurement costs..)
- Strategy Implementation: you will work with experts of the Design & Build sector and manage a team of managers in charge of the operational execution
If you join, you’ll work with a team of hungry people on a mission to become a leader in Africa. To be a successful candidate, you must have the following skills/experiences:
- 7+ years in a management role in a demanding and fast-moving environment, ideally combining an experience in consulting and an experience in industry
- Experience dealing with operational and organizational matters is a must
- Experience in the Design & Build sector is a plus
- Experience in a developing country is a plus
- Smart, Hungry, Hands-on
- Excellent manager and team player
- Self Driven, pro-active, autonomous and reliable
- Strong international exposure and deep interest for Africa
- Detailed oriented & rigorous
- Fluency in English
What We Offer
A unique entrepreneurial experience in a fast growing yet structured company with a strong understanding and presence in Africa
Be part of a highly successful and dynamic team of young and hardworking professionals and build an unparalleled network across the continent
Get great exposure to the company – its strategy, finance, BD and Investors
Enjoy the life in the vibrant city of Nairobi and discover the wonders of Kenya
Interested candidates who fully meet the above requirements should send their applications along with a detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating expected salary and their daytime contact to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject of the email should be the title of the POSITION APPLIED FOR + JOB REF).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
We do not charge any fees for receiving and reviewing applications or for interviews