The Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC) is established under Section 3 of the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission Act No. 22 of 2011, pursuant to article (79) of the Constitution of Kenya.
The Mandate of the Commission is to combat and prevent corruption through law enforcement, preventive measures, education and promotion of standards and best practices of Integrity, Ethics and Anti-Corruption.
The Commission invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following positions:
Legal Services Directorate
Legal Officer II
Job Grade: EACC “8”
(3 Posts in North Eastern Regional Office, Garissa)
Reporting to the Deputy Director – North Eastern Regional Office through Assistant Director – North Eastern Regional Office
Duties and Responsibilities;
- Drafting policy documents, guidelines and regulations;
- Evaluating evidence submitted for determination of its sufficiency and recommending appropriate action;
- Holding brief in the prosecution of anti-corruption and economic crimes and violation of codes of conduct cases;
- Providing actual legal representation in cases where the Commission is sued;
- Drafting contracts, Memorandums of Understanding and partnership agreements between the Commission and third parties;
- Instituting civil proceedings for compensation or recovery of public assets acquired through corrupt activities;
- Carrying out legal research, reviewing legislations and making recommendations on amendments and providing legal advice/opinion to the Commission; and preparing reports.
Requirements for appointment
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- Minimum working experience of 5 years
- Bachelor’s degree in Law or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya with current practicing certificate unless exempted.
- Certificate in computer application skills;
- Demonstrated integrity and professional competence as reflected in work performance and results.
In addition to the qualifications set above applicants must further obtain clearances from the following:
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Criminal Investigation Department (CID)
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Registration and good standing in relevant Professional Bodies
Interested candidates who meet the set criteria should complete EACC Form 1 online from https://jobs.integrity.go.ke and attach copies of ID, academic/ professional certificates, clearances and testimonials.
All applications must be made online and will be acknowledged via an email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
To be considered applications should be received not later than 26th January, 2018 at 5.00pm
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification