“Sometimes in life there is that moment when it’s possible to make a change for the better. This is one of those moments.” – Elizabeth Glaser
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) is the global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV/AIDS and has reached more than 27 million pregnant women, with services to prevent transmission of HIV to their babies.
EGPAF is supporting activities in 19 countries and over 5,000 sites to implement prevention, care and treatment services; to further advance innovative research; and to execute global advocacy activities that bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children and families worldwide.
In Kenya, EGPAF works in partnership with the Ministry of Health and various County Governments to support HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment in 12 counties. EGPAF is mainly funded by PEPFAR through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
EGPAF in Kenya is seeking to fill the following position:
Director Strategies, Partnerships and Project Management
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Job Code: 1379
# of openings: 1
Job Summary: The Director SPPM is a core team member of EGPAF Senior Management Team and will be responsible for Coordinating Strategic Partnerships, stakeholder management and Project Management at EGPAF Kenya.
The position will report to the Country Director.
1.0 Project Management
- S/he will oversee adoption and implementation of Project Management Culture across various EGPAF Kenya Program. This will involve working with various Project Managers/Directors to ensure projects are delivered on time, on budget and in a quality manner.
- S/he will be the liaison/ relationship contact for specific awards. This will include ensuring that donor rules and regulations are adhered to, all reporting requirements are met and the objectives of the projects are achieved. S/he will liaise with the in-country leadership and HQ team to ensure all award and compliance requirements for the awards are met.
- Coordinate/lead continuation applications, project extensions and budget development processes for the supported projects
- Actively track financial pipeline and substantive monitoring and evaluation of the projects, identify project risks and develop solutions.
- Identify and synthesize best practices and lessons learnt to inform quality improvement contributing to: the body of knowledge within and outside EGPAF, community of practice and development of new programs
- Identify capacity building and institutional development needs of implementing partners in the areas of governance, stewardship, program management, and MER
- Implement appropriate interventions to enhance capacity and skills of project staff in program/project management especially in relation to donor rules and regulations
2.0 Strategic Partnerships
- Identify and develop strategies for managing key stakeholders in collaboration with the Country Director and Senior Management Team.
- Conduct a detailed stakeholders mapping exercise for EGPAF Kenya at national, and county levels
- Take lead in development and implementation of stakeholder engagement strategies for EGPAF/K at national and county level;
- Advise senior management and project management teams on issues and/or risks to stakeholder relationships as soon as they arise so risks can be managed effectively; will develop and maintain a risk register and issues log specific to each of the stakeholders
- Ensures all EGPAF projects have a stakeholder contact management system
- Support implementation of EGPAF Kenya communication strategy including a quarterly newsletter and technical briefs
- Take lead in organizing stakeholder engagement initiatives.
3.0 Business Development
- Scout for and identify new business development opportunities and bring these to the attention of ELT for discussions and consideration
- Take lead in strategic potential donor engagement meetings to position EGPAF/K for future business opportunities
- Contribute to new business development initiatives when called upon.
- Advanced degree in Social Sciences, Public Health, Health Economics or other relevant qualifications
- Professional training in Project Management Courses e.g. PMD-Pro, PMP, USG Rules & Regulations Training etc
- Extensive practical experience in managing donor funded projects at a senior management level for over 7 years including leading projects start to close out
- Ability to follow through on issues and strong leadership and people management skills
- Excellent communication, report writing and presentation skills
- A strategic thinker and a team player
- Experience in business development will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
The closing date is 4th February, 2018.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
EGPAF does not require applicants to pay any fee at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process.
EGPAF is an equal opportunity employer
Please visit our website www.pedaids.org for more information about the Foundation.