Job Vacancy: Mechanical Engineer – Manager Engineering Design Bureau
- As a member of the management team, add value to the engineering and planning of the organization.
- Supervise, implement and organise engineering works.
- Design, preparation of Technical drawings for Fabrication Works, Marine works, Ship building and repairs.
- Direct and manage the team in the Engineering Office.
- Lead engineering works process from piping shipyard works through to civil works.
- Supervise the preparation of BoQs and estimation of costs.
- Inspect equipment, instruments, products, or systems to ensure conformance to specifications, safety standards, or applicable codes or regulations.
- Provide technical support and instructions to staff or customers regarding equipment standards, assisting with specific and difficult in-service engineering.
- Provide engineering services for production, quality, safety, environment in house and on our projects.
- Lead and grow a currently small engineering team.
- Set annual targets (Key performance indicators) and chase these, do monthly progress reviews.
Reporting to: General Manager – Civil and Mechanical Engineering.
Project or General Employment: General Employment.
General description of work and conditions
- Lead and develop an Engineering Bureau.
- Direct engineering designers for works / projects monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
- Support the project Manager in execution of work on site.
- Add value to preparation of tender documents and design supervision.
- Preparing reports, updating the departmental head on work in progress, difficulties and recommendations for possible solutions.
- Lead and make engineering analyses for complete civil/mechanical works.
Education and Experience
Education: Degree / Master’s Degree in Mechanical / Civil / Ship building Engineering.
- Over 5 years’ experience in Design of Mechanical works including Oil & Gas or civil.
- Engineering design optimization knowledge using relevant Engineering software.
- Experience in the Marine Industry will be an added advantage.
- Design analysis.
- Production analysis.
- Commercial awareness.
- Quality awareness; guardian and stimulator for high quality and production.
- Engineering and design – structural production and aesthetics.
- Team work – mobilizing and strengthening junior engineers and designers.
- Decision making from objective analysis to implementation.
- Leadership – lead by example but also show direction.
- Technical engineering, use of software to implement hands on math.
- Representative behaviour.
- Alertness and availability.
- Cultural differences awareness.
- Extroverted thinker.
- Disciplined in work approach.
- Strict and precise.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.