Fairview Hotel Limited
Vacant Position: Executive Chef
Aim of the role: The Executive Chef will be responsible for supervising production, culinary standards, food safety, procurement, staff development and training, and recipe development for residential, retail, and catering operations.
Broad Outline of Responsibilities:
- To ensure that all stocks are ordered to the correct quantities, quality and price.
- Ensure that information which is required to compile meaningful budgets is available at all times.
- Ensure all menus are calculated correctly to obtain maximum profit
- Ensure that all expenses are within budget limits
- As instructed you may be required to assist with the completion of SLA documents which are completed with service providers on a monthly basis / other as stipulated
- Ensure that all employment procedures are adhered to.
- To ensure that all staff under your control are fully informed in respect of Displinary procedures and the handling of grievances.
- To hold daily meetings with restaurant and banqueting managers to ensure that operations and information is passed smoothly and ensure that VIPs are timeously identified and any special arrangements is properly communicated.
- Ensure that all required stock takes are conducted in line with audit requirements.
- Ensure that all equipment is used, stored and maintained in line with operating procedures.
- To ensure that all areas under your control satisfy the most stringent hygiene requirements and that staff who are injured receive correct treatment and/or are not allowed to work.
- Contribute to and support the “I’m Kind” programme.
- Duty Rosters must be prepared and published by the 25th of each month, the Duty Roster folder on Shared Drive updated, and a copy sent to the General Manager.
- Ensure the continued training and development of self and all staff
- Ensure that all food, beverage and vending is presented in line with hygiene requirements and to the highest standard at all times
- Ensure that every guest receives exceptional service at all times
- Ensure that all LodgeAbility Service Encounters are continuously trained and adhered to at all time.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
18. The post holder will undertake training and development as appropriate.
Replacement And Temporary Mission
19. May be assigned to perform reliever duties when colleagues are off duty.
2 Basic Conditions and Benefits of Employment:
These are in line with normal company policies and practices, specific details will be communicated to an applicant should he/she qualify in the interview.
3 Line Of Reporting And Communication:
3.1 Responsible To: General Manager Operations: East Africa Region
3.3 In Communication With: Front Office Banqueting, Service and other hotel departments