FEMNET is a pan-African regional women’s rights network that has been in existence since 1988 and has been at the forefront championing gender equality, equity and women’s rights through delivery of critical information, and strengthening linkages and collaboration among women’s rights organizations.
To consolidate her work and move to the next level, FEMNET with financial support from Sida and other partners, is seeking to recruit suitable persons on a 3-year renewable full time contract in the following vacant positions to be based at the Secretariat in Nairobi-Kenya.
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Ref: FNT-MEO 2018
Functionally Reports to: Programme Manager
Overall Purpose of the Job: The person will be in charge of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL). Among other responsibilities, the MEL Officer will work closely with colleagues to review the MEL system, assess and identify FEMNET’s MEL needs, develop a MEL framework and establish necessary practical procedures and measures in order to operationalize the framework in general for FEMNET’s programmes.
Main Duties include:
- Document best practices and share them in different formats to ensure that others learn from them and adopt them where appropriate;
- Compile quarterly, bi-annual and Annual Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning reports for the Secretariat;
- Represent FEMNET in external meetings related to her/his work as deem appropriate;
- Monitoring regional developments on gender equality and women’s rights and providing political and programmatic analysis;
- Work with management in programmatic monitoring and evaluation, and continual quality improvement;
- Developing program concepts, managing proposal process and timeline for proposal submissions, drafting program objectives, results and indicators, and, contributing to program strategy;
- Ensure that the narrative and financial reports for FEMNET Programmes are compiled and submitted in a timely manner to keep all stake holders informed.
- Tracking FEMNET’s regional and global program work and impact especially related to advocacy and communication program areas;
- Managing assigned program areas and anticipating program and administrative needs;
- Travelling as necessary to support field-based teams in program implementation, reporting, and monitoring and evaluation.
Review MEL systems:-
- Review the current programme areas and future strategies to have an understanding of the institutional needs for MEL;
- Identify key issues around MEL current practices and gaps in ensuring programme quality and MEL systems;
- Review the reporting needs of FEMNET’s partners to have an understanding of the demand for reporting results;
- Assess the capacity needs in FEMNET’s Programme Heads, programme teams and partners in monitoring, evaluation and learning methods that measure outcome/impact at different levels;
- Support the program and departmental heads to review and improve programme planning and implementation performance against objectives.
Development of MEL Framework:-
- Revise FEMNET’s MEL Framework so as to ensure programme activities continue to improve in quality to ensure transparency and accountability in compliance with FEMNET’s overall strategic direction;
- Refine current MEL systems, procedures and tools, both installed electronically in FEMNET systems and make it available in printed manual form;
- Ensure MEL is integrated into everyday work and planning and learning cycles.
- Review reports, audits and evaluations, identify learning opportunities based on identified problems, review solutions and identify how to feedback this information into programmes, training and capacity building;
- Identification of FEMNET staff capacity development gaps in terms of MEL and work with programme Heads to improve the quality of the MEL;
- Once the draft system with the relevant tools are ready, conduct a training and continuous capacity to FEMNET’s relevant staff members and partners/members;
- Any other duties as may be assigned.
Qualifications and experience
- Be a Bachelor and a Master’s degree holder in social sciences or other relevant disciplines from a recognized university,
- Persons with additional relevant trainings in monitoring and evaluation will have added advantage.
- At least 5 years relevant work experience at international, regional or sub- regional level.
- Experience in MEL system design and implementation;
- Proven experience in, exposure to, and capability for collaborative work, nurturing of networks and alliances and motivate people.
- Sound knowledge on gender and its mainstreaming strategies, leadership development and generally women’s rights issues in Africa
- Have good and proven knowledge on different monitoring and evaluation frameworks and tracking tools.
- Proven experience in, exposure to, and capability for collaborative work, nurturing of monitoring and evaluation skills at FEMNET.
Remuneration: will be in line with the organization’s set scales, which consider qualifications, experience, and delivery by a candidate.
Interested applicants are requested to send to the Executive Director; their CVs with 3 referees (two of whom must be professional), salary expectations with a 1 page application cover letter explaining why they are best fit for the relevant position by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please indicate the reference of the position you are applying for on the subject line e.g. Capacity Building Officer – (Ref: FNT-CBO 2018).
Deadline for submission of applications is on Monday 5th February, 2018.
Eligibility: The applicants for the positions of Finance Officer, Member Liaison Officer, HR and Admin Assistant must be Kenyan Nationals or persons with Kenyan work permits. The other two positions are open to African citizens.
Please note: Only complete applications will be reviewed, and only candidates who have been selected for interview will be contacted, no telephone inquiries, canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.