Federation of Women Lawyers (FIDA Kenya) is a non-profit, non-partisan Organization committed to a society that respects and upholds women’s rights through the provision of legal aid, mediation services, women’s rights monitoring, advocacy, education and awareness creation.
FIDA is expanding its services and seeks to recruit for the following position:
To Be Based at The Nairobi Office
Reports to the Finance Manager
- Preparation of monthly bank reconciliations reports of all allocated bank accounts
- Accurate filing of the financial reports and payment vouchers on a weekly basis.
- Conducting surprise cash count.
- Audit preparation
- Bank Agent for the organization
- Continuous update & analysis of expenditures as requested by management.
- Preparation of Donor reports on assigned grants from Development partners.
- Maintenance of Fixed assets registers including verification and tagging of assets.
- Preparation of monthly payroll
- Maintenance & filing of statutory records & returns.
- Verify fund requisitions for workshops and advice on availability of funds for proposed activities.
- Issuance of receipts for all cash/cheques received e.g. sales from FIDA K publications, library fees, balances from workshops and travel advances
- Liquidation of staff advances
- Review of staff field advances and updating of returns in the books of accounts
- Facilitate payment of goods and services as they fall due and in line with accounting procedures.
- Facilitate payment of goods and services as they fall due in line with accounting procedures
- Preparation of donor budgets for on-going grants and formulation of budgets for funding proposals.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce from a recognized University majoring in Accounting or Finance.
- Holder of CPA Section 4 and above or its equivalent.
- MUST have 3 years’ relevant work experience in accounting or finance
- Previous experience in a busy accounts office and preferably in an NGO.
- Knowledge in Microsoft office applications and other accounting software. Knowledge of QuickBooks will be an added advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
- Must be a good team player, highly self-motivated, keen to detail and self-driven.
- Demonstrate ability to work under minimum supervision.
Interested candidates who fully meet the above requirements should send their applications that includes a cover letter indicating suitability for the position applied for and expected salary,updated Curriculum Vitae listing three referees one of whom must be a former employer,and daytime contact.
The application should be addressed to the undersigned to be received by 5.00 pm on 1st February 2018.
Only email applications will be considered and only successful candidates will be contacted.
Send the email to:
The Executive Director
Amboseli road, off Gitanga Road
P.O. Box 46324-00100
FIDA Kenya is an equal opportunity employer.