Federation of Women Lawyers (FIDA Kenya) is a non-profit, non-partisan Organization committed to a society that respects and upholds women’s rights through the provision of legal aid, mediation services, women’s rights monitoring, advocacy, education and awareness creation.
FIDA is expanding its services and seeks to recruit for the following position:
Human Resource and Administration Officer
Reports to Finance Manager
- To attract, recruit and retain a human capital that is professional, motivated and results oriented while providing effective and efficient logistical and administrative support to programmes.
- Organize and conduct new employee orientation/induction
- Management and updating of personnel files with all their relevant information with the maintenance of utmost confidentiality
- Conduct exit interviews with staff leaving the organization and share feedback with Senior Management
- Provide Human resource advice to team leaders and management keeping an eye to emerging trends.
- Formulate and implement human resources policies and procedures.
- Implementation of FIDA Kenya’s training policy and guidelines through training needs assessment and staff training
- Manage staff performance appraisals and the target setting processes to ensure that all staff are appraised within the required period and the results are discussed with the respective Supervisors for purposes of performance improvement.
- Tracking of all staff and service contracts to ensure they are up to date.
- Management of staff leaves, medical scheme, group life insurance, WIBA Plus and welfare
- General administration of the three regional offices includes procurement processes, safety, cleanliness and custodian of all office equipment.
- Provide support in resource mobilization strategies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or Bachelors’ Degree with Human Resource Otpion or Post graduate diploma in Human Resource Management.
- MUST have 5 years relevant experience
- Master’s degree in Human Resource and work experience in NGO is added advantage
- Member of accredited HR professional body
- Ability to work under pressure and with minimum supervision.
- Possess good communication, public relations, planning, organizing and analyzing skills
Interested candidates who fully meet the above requirements should send their applications that includes a cover letter indicating suitability for the position applied for and expected salary,updated Curriculum Vitae listing three referees one of whom must be a former employer,and daytime contact.
The application should be addressed to the undersigned to be received by 5.00 pm on 1st February 2018.
Only email applications will be considered and only successful candidates will be contacted.
Send the email to:
The Executive Director
Amboseli road, off Gitanga Road
P.O. Box 46324-00100
FIDA Kenya is an equal opportunity employer.