Federation of Women Lawyers (FIDA Kenya) is a non-profit, non-partisan Organization committed to a society that respects and upholds women’s rights through the provision of legal aid, mediation services, women’s rights monitoring, advocacy, education and awareness creation.
FIDA is expanding its services and seeks to recruit for the following position:
To Be Based at The Nairobi Office
Reports to: The Senior Legal Counsel
- Attending to clients and advising on various processes that are required in the filing of matters in the Court Registry.
- Serving of all the court processes and updating the FIDA office and Clients
- Filling and retrieving clients files
- Drafting relevant legal documents.
- Participate in legal dispute resolution and mediation on related matters as brought to the attention of the relevant FIDA Kenya office.
- Manage FIDA and Court Registry.
- Receiving court reports from clients of all matters from the court and updating files.
- Updating all the Access to Justice team’s diaries including the Master diary to inform on upcoming matters and progress of all that have been served upon.
- Support the team in Training of clients on self-representation in court.
- Conduct file audits to ensure they are in order before serving the same to the relevant recipients and in Court.
- Ensure financial budgeting and requisitions for branch office in the requests for filing fees requirements and follow-up and assist in auditing of the same as and when called upon to do so.
- Diploma in Legal Studies
- Licensed court process server
- Holder of a Certificate of Good Conduct
- MUST have2 years work experience. Work in Non-Governmental Organisation will be an added advantage.
Interested candidates who fully meet the above requirements should send their applications that includes a cover letter indicating suitability for the position applied for and expected salary,updated Curriculum Vitae listing three referees one of whom must be a former employer,and daytime contact.
The application should be addressed to the undersigned to be received by 5.00 pm on 1st February 2018.
Only email applications will be considered and only successful candidates will be contacted.
Send the email to:
The Executive Director
Amboseli road, off Gitanga Road
P.O. Box 46324-00100
FIDA Kenya is an equal opportunity employer.