Federation of Women Lawyers (FIDA Kenya) is a non-profit, non-partisan Organization committed to a society that respects and upholds women’s rights through the provision of legal aid, mediation services, women’s rights monitoring, advocacy, education and awareness creation.
FIDA is expanding its services and seeks to recruit for the following position:
Senior Programmes Officer – Women and Governance
To Be Based in Nairobi
Reports to: The Deputy Executive Director and Head of Programmes
- Oversee operational management of programs under the Women and Governance program. The Senior Program Officer will be the overall Supervisor of the Women and Governance Program team and shall take lead in the recruitment of Program Officers within the program, lead in the target setting and appraisal of the Women and Governance team of Program Officers.
- Ensure proper planning, implementation, and reporting of projects within the set timelines as per the project proposal and budgets.
- Ensure that program objectives/interventions and budget compliance
- Coordinate and support high quality research, in order to generate knowledge on women rights, law and governance
- Conducting trainings, symposiums and awareness at different forums under the Women and Governance program and when called upon to support the Access to Justice teams;
- Representing the organization at International, National and Regional levels in various activities Preparing and presentation of memoranda /position papers to different authorities on gender and governance;
- Manage FIDA Kenya networks and partnerships related to the program under the Women and Governance team.
- Development of competitive proposals and concept notes
Qualifications, Skills and Experience;
- Bachelor degrees in Social Sciences.
- Master’s Degree will be an added advantage.
- MUST have experience of 5 years in program management
- Good understanding on Women’s’ rights issues – locally, regionally and internationally. A critical understanding of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and relevant international instruments
- A demonstration of experience and success in resource mobilization and fundraising strategies highly recommended.
- Ability to work under pressure and with minimum supervision.
- Good communication and public relations skills
Interested candidates who fully meet the above requirements should send their applications that includes a cover letter indicating suitability for the position applied for and expected salary,updated Curriculum Vitae listing three referees one of whom must be a former employer,and daytime contact.
The application should be addressed to the undersigned to be received by 5.00 pm on 1st February 2018.
Only email applications will be considered and only successful candidates will be contacted.
Send the email to:
The Executive Director
Amboseli road, off Gitanga Road
P.O. Box 46324-00100
FIDA Kenya is an equal opportunity employer.