Vacant Position: Finance Manager
Job Ref: EHC/1060/18
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Director Finance
Supervises: Financial / Accounting division
The Role: The Finance Manager will be responsible for day to day operation of the financial department. His/her main scope includes administering accounting policies and procedures, preparing and interpreting financial statements and management reports, assisting in budgetary control and all contractual matters in different areas
- Advising the management on appropriate business planning and help in decision making processes to ensure that the business is financially successful.
- Collating, preparing and interpreting reports, budgets, accounts, commentaries and financial statements
- Undertaking strategic analysis and assisting with strategic planning
- Producing long-term business plans
- Undertaking research into pricing, competitors and factors affecting performance
- Controlling income, cash flow and expenditure
- Managing budgets
- Developing and managing financial systems and models
- Carrying out business modelling and risk assessments
- Supervising staff
- Liaising with managerial staff and other colleagues.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Accounting or related.
- Professional qualification i.e. ACCA or CPA.
- Experience in financial management especially in ICT is highly desirable
- Proficiency in Accounting software preferably SAP, Oracle, PASTEL, SAGE, QuickBooks
- Professional qualifications with one of the accountancy bodies i.e. CPA or ACCA
- Over 10 years’ experience in financial Management at Managerial level
- Good knowledge of tax regulations and reporting requirements for Uganda
- A relevant postgraduate qualification and/or previous work experience gained in manufacturing environment would be preferred
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivation, commercial awareness
- Initiative and the ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical
- Technical, IT and numerical abilities are highly required.
- Ability to build structures and manage a robust team
- A team player, with exposure to multi-cultural set ups
- Highly tech in accounting systems
- Good presentation skills
- Experienced in strategy
To apply for this position, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 26th February, 2018 quoting the position in the subject line, current and expected salary.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted