Position: Brand Manager (FMCG)
Reporting to: Head of Marketing:
Job purpose: The Brand Manager is responsible for leading our client’s brands strategy that achieves the company’s short and long-term business objectives.
This position is responsible for leading the strategic positioning of existing and new products and launch plans that will help build our client’s brands, drive distribution and stimulate consumer awareness and sales.
The position presents a short and long term Branding Strategy each year and is responsible for the ongoing plan’s implementation.
Main responsibilities includes:
- Contributing to the strategic and tactical brand plan development and implementation of brand plans and briefs.
- Demonstrating technical marketing skills and high-levels of company product knowledge.
- Co-ordinating the implementation of approved annual Brand Plans in the main On Trade and Off Trade channels.
- Delivering the annual brand plans for the key brands within the assigned portfolio.
- Reviewing Brand plan regularly to ensure it remains in line with consumer trends and ensuring opportunities are continually assessed and reviewed for alignment to Brand Strategy, and other market dynamics.
- Monitoring the Communication strategy regularly for alignment to consumer objectives.
- Implementing brand activities and ensuring that they are enacted effectively, efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Working with cross-functional teams to align and deliver brand activities in a timely manner.
- Communicating brand standards, plans, strategy to key stakeholders (internal & external).
- Developing innovative consumer programs (in conjunction with various agencies) for ATL, BTL, and trade facing programs as well as influencer marketing activities.
- Assisting with development and implementation of a digital plan per assigned brand with focus on Social Media and Content generation.
- Ensuring concept of Brand equity is understood and applied as a key pillar within the business.
- Working with key business partners to ensure the correct measurement tools are identified and applied to track brand equity.
- Identifying and defining target market using appropriate tools.
- Identifying consumer needs, wants, behaviour and usage habits using relevant tools, habits and attitude studies and ad hoc research.
- Working with various internal and external teams to gather competitive and consumer insights.
- Processing data and information to understand key consumer insights.
- Ensuring research output is presented logically for interpretation based on the end users’ needs and within the agreed time frame and budget.
- Analysing Information to determine progress, anticipate needs, and make recommendations and decisions.