Our client, a well-established Food Manufacturing Company is looking to recruit a dynamic and motivated professional for the role of Senior Internal Auditor.
Reporting to the Internal Audit Manager, the Internal Audit is a key support function of the group with tremendous growth potentials that provides three core services: corporate governance, enterprise risk management, and internal audit.
The Senior Internal Auditor will be responsible for day to day engagement, management and execution of audit function.
- Formulate, develop and implement risk management strategies and annual audit plans;
- Develop, execute and manage core audits and advisory engagements across the group’s businesses and operations;
- Develop, review and continuously update financial, operating and internal control systems for group companies;
- Develop and update system narratives, audit program and other internal control evaluation questionnaires;
- Carry out regular and special audits of group companies and identify weaknesses and recommend risk aversion measures and cost savings;
- Prepare, review and present audit reports that reflect audit’s results and document process;
- Conduct follow up audits of management‘s interventions and implementation of recommendations;
- Engage to continuous knowledge development regarding sector’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards;
- Actively manage, motivate and develop the skills and competence level of audit staff;
- Carry out any tasks that may be assigned by the management from time to time.
- Participate in internal audit strategy formulation and planning;
- Carry out risk assessment of the group companies’ internal controls;
- Develop and continuously evaluate audit strategies and procedures to provide reasonable assurance that risk management, control, and governance systems are functioning as intended
- Demonstrate a detailed understanding of how current and emerging legal, regulatory, governance, internal auditing, accounting and financial reporting standards affect clients;
- Prepare and review reports on internal audit findings and recommendations
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in internal audit or in professional external audit firm
- A minimum of a degree in Accounting / Finance / Business Administration from a recognized university, coupled with a professional qualification (CPA / ACCA)
- Additional qualification such as CIA / CISA
- Must have excellent report-writing and presentation skills
- Commercial awareness with sound knowledge of matters affecting the market
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Strong management and administrative skills
- Effective planning, organizing and problem solving skills.
- Strong Business and Financial Analytical skills.
Salary: Ksh. 150,000 – 200,000 gross plus other benefits.
Interested candidates who fully meet the above requirements should send their applications along with a detailed CV indicating current and expected salary and their daytime contact to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We do not charge any fees for receiving and reviewing applications or for interviews.
Deadline: 30th January 2018