We are a Forwarding Logistics, Warehousing and Distribution Company and we are looking for a high level, forward thinking and energetic Freight Forwarding and Logistics coordinator.
It is imperative that this person has no less than 5 years’ experience in Freight Forwarding and Logistics. We are looking for a high flyer who can hit the ground running from month 1.
If you are looking for growth in the Freight Forwarding and Logistics industry, this is the position for you!
- Compliance with local authorities requirements for imports/exports including but not limited to:
A. Obtaining imports /exports permits and IDFs.
B. Co-ordinate PSI as per client requirement.
C. Prepare Certificates of Origin (East Africa \COMESA).
D. Retrieve certificates of analysis by product by batch.
E. Obtain customs entry.
- Implement exports / imports SOPs.
- Maintain exports/ imports records.
- Receive and record exports / imports customer orders.
- Raise pro-forma invoices for customer orders.
- Communicate with customers to obtain shipment approval as soon as possible.
- Prepare export / imports documentation as per customer requirements.
- Prepare export documentation to comply with terms of applicable letters of credit.
- Capture orders in SAP and ensure pack and shelf life requirements per market.
- Engage with inspection authorities to ensure timely inspection.
- Book approved consignments for transit.
- Send pre/post alerts.
- Track shipments to destination.
- Maintain outbound shipments PODs.
- Update client as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, logistics.
- Freight forwarding training and experience of five years and above.
- Excellent Communication skills.
- Knowledge of SAP
- Strong administrative and computer skills.
- Analytical skills, attention to detail
- Great organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to interact at a high level with clients, senior management and authorities
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Decision–making, problem-solving, creativity
- Acquired good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to understand business process and be able to interpret business needs.
Salary: Commensurate to experience
Interested candidates who fully meet the above requirements should send their applications along with a detailed CV indicating current and expected salary and their daytime contact to email@example.com quoting FFLC12018
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We do not charge any fees for receiving and reviewing applications or for interviews.