Job Vacancy: Freight Forwarding Manager
Job Description: Freight Forwarding Manager is responsible for building, leading and streamlining the Freight Forwarding department, the position involves improving and controlling the operational procedures, process mapping, negotiating rates, and maintaining customer relations.
Key Responsibilities: ∙
- Develop/maintain Air & Sea freight business for domestic and international clients. Identify opportunities for enhancing freight business and developing new areas of business.
- Negotiate rates with carriers for air shipments with an understanding of the market. Build and maintain relationship with them to facilitate and promote business
- Coordinate operations the Air & Sea freight team in liaison with Account Managers to ensure timely completion of contractual obligations as agreed with the customers
- Support the sales team and account managers with competitive rates for current, new customers and bids.
- Review claims resulting from missing or damaged cargo.
- Maintain professional and proactive communication with all department staff, internal and external customers.
- Provides advice on maintaining and improving cost effective ways to handle air & sea freight, and make the job more efficiently.
- Achieve monthly annual sales revenue targets
- Assess and coordinate internal and external resources to provide feasible and sustainable services to clients
- Negotiate contracts with airlines & shipping partners.
- Coordinated with sales team and dedicated more time to ensure the client satisfaction
- Oversee the Air & Sea Freight department to ensure that all aspects of Export Cargo from booking, pick-up, logging, file creation, customer service and invoicing are performed as per company standards.
- Ensure maintain high levels of Customer Service, maintain integrity in the operation and effect a smooth running department
- Strategy and planning – including the development of operational strategies based on financial budgets.
- Lead and motivate teams to achieve departmental goals and carry out staff performance reviews 2
- Supervising and managing pricing team
- Overseeing Pricing of quotations to all customers
- In-charge of Project shipment management for air and sea projects
- Primary liaison with international agents
- Network management
- Analysis of performance of contracts, pricing strategies
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Management
- Freight Forwarding industry experience
- 10 years of previous experience in similar position
- At least 3 years in management position
- Strong customer service skills and detail oriented.
- Excellent English communication skills both verbal and written
- Computer skills; Microsoft office, email, internet explorer, etc. and ability to learn proprietary business software applications
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task, organize and prioritize workload in order to meet numerous deadlines.
Salary: Commensurate to experience
Interested candidates who fully meet the above requirements should send their applications along with a detailed CV indicating current and expected salary and their daytime contact to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting FFM012018
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We do not charge any fees for receiving and reviewing applications or for interviews.