FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges.
FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
FHI 360 is seeking qualified candidates for the below positions for the HIV Service Delivery Support Activity – Rift Valley project.
Position Title: Health Records Information Officer
Reports To: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Location: HIV Service Delivery Support Activity – Rift Valley
Requisition /Job ID: 2018200164
5 Positions: Samburu-Maralal, Kajiado-Loitokitok, Baringo-Kabarnet, Turkana-Lodwar, Turkana-Lokichar
BASIC FUNCTION: Working closely with the mentorship team in conjunction with the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer and MDT Team Leader, the Health Records Information Officer will be responsible for mentoring health workers in various health facilities to maintain service registers, conducting regular data quality assessments activities, ensure accurate and timely facility reports and support facilities to run basic data analysis for decision making.
S/he will be required to maintain confidentiality and integrity for the facility data as directed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Ensure facilities have standard data collection and reporting tools
2. Support facility based service providers to update health records and registers in line with national guidelines including the EMR
3. Verify data based on MOH defined service standards.
4. Support and mentor health workers on data utilization for decision making.
5. Responsible for ensuring data quality is maintained.
6. Support health workers in conducting regular data quality assurance.
7. Actively follow-up facilities to ensure that commonly agreed data management improvement plans are followed and monitored by all parties.
8. Provide basic data summaries to facility as required from time to time.
9. Support facilities to maintain data confidentiality and security.
10. Support facilities to use data for decision making.
11. Other duties as assigned by supervisor from time to time.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS STANDARDS:
- Diploma in Statistics/Health Information Systems/Information Technology with at least 4 years work experience in data management systems and experience in use of MOH tools.
- Experience in training is an added advantage.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office Suite and word processing, databases, spreadsheets, including advanced skills in at least two of the following programs: SPSS, Epi Info, Stata. Good organizational, planning, interpersonal and communication skills
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
How to Apply
FHI 360 has a competitive compensation package and is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested candidates are encouraged to CLICK HERE to apply online or register online through FHI 360’s Career Center www.fhi360.org/careers and key in the Job / Requisition ID where a detailed Job description will be availed.
Applications to be received not later than February 9th 2018.
Locals from the regions mentioned above are encouraged to apply.
Kindly note that only shortlisted persons will be contacted.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.