Job Title: Health & Safety / Continuous Improvement Manager
Reporting To: Group Marketing Director
Start Date: Soonest
Location: Mainly field based but when a desk is needed, open floor plan could be used so near to reporting office.
Purpose: Providing leadership, strategy and direction integrating safety, health and environment programs and processes in support of operational excellence.
The incumbent will oversee compliance with applicable government, local & corporate SHE regulations and requirements., and manage continuous improvement programme for manufacturing.
Health and Safety
1. Identifying SHE hazards, evaluating risks for organization’s operations and developing controls to prevent and mitigate risks.
2. Monitoring existing and potential environmental concerns and recommending priorities for resolution.
3. Advising management on government regulations relating to health, safety and environment , and recommending necessary actions to attain compliance.
4. Developing a SHE audit program with the relevant
Stake-holders (internally & externally), in line with OHSAS 18001
5. Performing regular reviews of SHE in accordance to OHSAS 18001.
6. Participating in incident and accident investigations and Implementing recommended actions.
7. Developing in-house training programs for employees and contractors.
8. Inspecting and replenishing first aid kits.
9. Managing fumigation and pest control programme.
Continuous Improvement Programme
1. Supporting the implementation and maintenance of KAIZEN programme.
2. Training personnel on self -inspection audits for 5S and Awards.
3. Projects reviews with shop-floor teams.
4. Organising of Gemba Kaizen workshops.
5. Supporting the repackaging operations of promotional products.
- Degree in Mechanical or Chemical engineering
- A qualification in EHS management systems
- At least three years’ experience in a manufacturing set up
Interested candidates who fully meet the above requirements should send their applications along with a detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating expected salary and their daytime contact to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject of the email should be the title of the POSITION APPLIED FOR + JOB REF).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
We do not charge any fees for receiving and reviewing applications or for interviews