Vacant Position: Procurement Officer
Job Location: Nairobi – Kenya
Job Industry: Hospitality
Our client a market leader in Hospitality is urgently seeking to hire dynamic and result oriented Procurement Officer. The Procurement Officer will be responsible for all procurement activities for the Client.
Provide advice, assistance and follow-up on procurement, procedures, and contracts.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To Ensure the company comply with laws, regulations, and standards in place for shipping and receiving.
- To Obtain quotes for transportation and making cost comparisons, Negotiate prices and terms with vendors, or freight forwarders.
- To Prepare, process and/or review purchase requisition/orders as required.
- To assist and advise the Head of Procurement as well as the rest of the organization on all procurement issues
- To develop, manage and co-ordinate the procurement processes and to be able to use legally established professional and transparent procurement policies and procedures
- To develop, manage and co-ordinate the procurement processes. To manage internal procurement requires and activities
- To be in charge of the purchase of equipment for the organization, contact suppliers, and research offers and quotations
- To be able to prepare calls for tender and follow-up procedure and in the management of any type of contracts (service, works, supplies)
- To coordinate with government agencies to have the relevant approvals
- To ensure all formalities are certified with the government agencies prior to importation
- To assist in warehousing duties as and when required
- To keep updating the management monthly on the new regulations, if any
- Other duties as assigned.
Key Competencies & Qualifications
- Diploma/Bachelor’s Degree in Purchasing and Supplies or any other relevant discipline from a recognized institution
- Must have at least 3-4 years proven professional experience in administrative and operational aspects of Procurement.
- Experience in using legally established professional and transparent procurement policies and procedures
- International experience, particularly in multi-national and international organizations (desirable).
- Strong Negotiation skills
- Good time management skills
- Strong Analytical and presentation skills
- Team player
- Working knowledge of MS Office and databases, ERP
- Ability to be self-motivated with a positive attitude and a solid work ethic
To apply, send your CV and cover letter only to firstname.lastname@example.org before close of business 2nd February 2018.
Clearly indicate the position applied for and expected salary on the subject line.