Vacant Position: Production Manager
Job Location: Nairobi – Kenya
Our client a market leader in Hospitality is urgently seeking to hire dynamic and result oriented Production Manager.
In this role, the Production Manager is responsible for managing the process of purchasing food and supplies, receiving, scheduling, storage, inventory control and managing food production activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provides leadership to all areas of the production department and ensures a productive and engaged workforce
- Actively involved in the daily preparation and output of product, as well as merchandising.
- Reducing costs, training and supervision of employees, monitoring product quality and consistency, tracking inventory and managing the section’s budget
- Ensure regulations and best practice in food safety are being followed
- Coordinate schedules, stations and duties of each team member
- Ensure production time is within allocated time frame and accurate number of juice and food items are being sent out to each store location
- Coordinate logistics and ensure truck drivers routes are scheduled on time
- Order organic produce according to store needs
- Prepare fruits, vegetable and other food items on the line as needed
- Monitors line equipment for functionality, safety and cleanliness
- Communicates issues encountered such as raw material problems, finished product rejections and equipment malfunction to the plant manager as well as quality control and maintenance.
- Plans, directs and coordinates the production activities in the plant and ensures labour standards are met daily.
- Takes the lead in identifying performance issues and providing guidance, coaching and progressive discipline as needed
- Ensures compliance with Safety Standards and promotes a safe work environment.
- Plays major role in Safety initiatives and is actively involved in Safety Committee
- Assist in other areas as required
- Other duties as assigned
Key Competencies & Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science Degree/Diploma in Food Science and Technology or any other relevant discipline from a recognized institution
- Must have at least 3-4 years’ Bakery setup practical experience in a management role within a food industry production environment
- Basic knowledge and experience in quality control
- Good time management skills
- Strong analytical and presentation skills
- Team player
- Ability to be self-motivated with a positive attitude and a solid work ethic
- Ability to give and receive through instructions and communicate effectively with management, supervisors, and other employees
To apply, send your CV and cover letter only to email@example.com before close of business 2nd February 2018.
Clearly indicate the position applied for and expected salary on the subject line.