A medium sized hotel in Voi whose head office is in Mombasa, is seeking to urgently recruit a Hotel / Outlet Supervisor with the below qualifications.
- Ensuring that checklists, requisitions and proper opening and closing functions are being completed each shift.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to provide clear direction to the staff.
- Observe performance and encourage improvement where necessary.
- Ensure staffing levels for all outlets are accurate based on hotel and outlet business levels.
- Organize and conduct pre-shift and departmental meetings communicating pertinent information to the staff, such as menu changes.
- Communicate with guests and employees using a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to and understand requests, respond with appropriate actions and provide accurate information.
- Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency situation and/or heavy hotel activity, serving as a role model for the staff.
- Ensure that all standards and hotel cash handling procedures are met.
- Utilize computer to accurately charge customers, create forecast and revenue reports and write correspondence.
- Ensure all daily and monthly reports are detailed and submitted in a timely matter.
Required Skills and Academic qualifications-;
- Must have relevant training in Hotel Management from a recognized institution
- At least Three (3) year’s experience in a busy hotel environment
- Thorough knowledge of Food & Beverage outlet operations including foods, beverages, supervisory aspects, service techniques and guest interaction. Self-driven
- Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing, with guests and employees, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy to defuse anger and to collect accurate information and to resolve problems.
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods.
- Able to work under minimum supervision
Applications should be sent through Email address email@example.com, to reach us on or before 5th February, 2018.