Vacant Position: Human Resource & Admin Assistant
Our client, a leading supply chain regulator in energy sector is seeking to recruit a Human Resource & Admin Assistant.
Position Purpose: The primary purpose of the role is to provide timely support all Human Resource and administration requirements including: office management, coordination of team needs in all locations; all accounting duties; petty cash management, procurement of goods and services; coordination of meetings, arranging travel / accommodation; monitoring adherence to organisational policies and supporting performance management processes as well as managing the interface with outsourced service providers.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Human Resource activities
- Coordinate all recruitment activities of the Company.
- Oversee the administration of the benefits for all employees.
- Ensuring leave records for all the employees are up-to-date, leave applications are processed in time.
- Employee file management – Ensuring all employee files are complete, well filed and all important documents are available.
- Handling of all payroll issues in consultation with the outsourcing firm.
- Performance management – coordinating staff appraisal exercise and ensuring all the reports are received in time and processed.
- Training & development – Facilitation in terms of provision of logistical support for all the training & development initiatives.
2. Administration & Accounts activities
- Handling all accounting requirements for the company, as guided by GM
- Ensure safe custody of Cheque books and company credentials.
- Acting as the focal point in sorting out IT related matters for staff in liaison with any outsourced IT support.
- Ensuring periodic office equipment servicing.
- Receiving and sending company mail and deliveries.
- Stock takes, re-order supplies and maintenance of company assets
- Setting up meetings, taking minutes and sharing.
- Respond to telephone and email queries
- Ensuring cleanliness in the office and its surroundings
3. Procurement activities
- Managing procurement processes & ensuring compliance with policy
- Conducting procurement processes including bid solicitation and review, preparing purchase orders for approval and documentation of goods and services received;
- Ensuring proper filing of procurement documents
- Maintaining and updated vendor lists;
4. Any other responsibility assigned by management
- Analytical and accounting skills is a requirement
- Must be adept at problem-solving, including being able to identify issues and resolve them in a timely manner
- Extremely organised, able to structure work flow in an orderly manner and prioritize tasks based on the urgency deliverables
- Team player – ability to work well within a team and to develop strong and effective working relationships internally and externally
- Excellent communication both written and oral – ability to communicate clearly, accurately and sensitively, with an outgoing personality
- Must be dependable, able to follow instructions, respond to management direction, and must be able to improve performance through management feedback
Job Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor Degree is administration.
- At least 3 years experience in office administration and various aspects of HR
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint as well as Quick Books.
- Knowledge of petroleum sector an added advantage
To apply, send your CV and cover letter only to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12th January 2018.
Clearly indicate the position applied for on the subject line and expected remuneration.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for jobs placement.