Job Title: Hygiene Officer
Company Background: Our Client is a fast expanding organization with revenues that are growing by 25% annually.
They currently employ approximately 2000 staff and they anticipate this number to increase by 25% annually over the next 3 to 5 years.
Its employees are integral to the success of the business and are highly valued.
The company operates regionally in Uganda and Rwanda with plans to continue their expansion in the region.
- Responsible for ensuring overall hygiene activities in food production and storage areas (ensure compliance to food safety and hygiene standards at commissary) and implementation and sustenance of ISO 22000 – Food safety Management System.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Create awareness of food safety and hygiene to staff and make sure they understand and adhere to it.
- Carry out initial hygiene and food safety induction to new staff. Advice on training needs and assist in conducting food safety & hygiene trainings.
- Carry out daily hygiene inspection and sanitation conditions in the unit including personal hygiene and working habits of staff.
- Manage and maintain food safety documentation and records. Ensure HACCP forms are available to the users, duly filled and available during audits or when required.
- Ensure personal protective equipment (PPE) are available and properly utilized by staff.
- Ensure compliance to all hygiene practices and food safety procedures at all stages of production and report any deficiencies to the concerned parties for action.
- Monitor the effectiveness of the pest control programme and report any deficiencies.
- Manage and maintain the traceability system established.
- Carry out random checks during receiving of items by suppliers and especially high risk items and report any deficiencies for action.
- Carry out random checks during dispatch of items to branches and especially high risk items and report any deficiencies for action.
- Assist in carrying out root cause analysis on food safety related
complains and failed microbiological results & ensure corrective actions/preventive actions are enforced to prevent future re-occurrence.
- Any other duties that shall be reasonably assigned by management from time to time.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be in possession of a food science based degree or a Diploma from a recognized institution
- An additional qualification or experience in ISO 22000/HACCP
- Have a minimum of 2-3 years’ experience
- Be computer literate
- Good leadership skills
- Good communication skills
- Flexible and adaptable
- Able to work under pressure and with minimal supervision
- Ability to inspect, evaluate work of subordinates
If the above profile describes you, this could be the big opportunity you have been looking for.
Please send a CV and cover letter outlining your availability and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org before 16th January, 2018.