The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance.
It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles.
The ICRC’s Regional Delegation in Nairobi co-ordinates the institution’s humanitarian activities in Kenya, Tanzania and Djibouti. It also runs regional specialist units that provide support and expertise to the ICRC’s delegations in Africa.
Can you captivate an audience?
Do you have what it takes to keep participants spellbound?
Are you our new Learning Facilitator?
(Open to Kenyan Nationals only)
The Regional Delegation in Nairobi is seeking to fill one full-time learning facilitator position as soon as possible.
Under the supervision of the Head of the Learning and Development Unit for Africa, the trainer facilitates in-house staff training courses throughout Africa, both independently and in cooperation with other trainers of the unit.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Delivers training courses covering staff induction, team management and leadership, communication, and other relevant topics
- Training and support of trainers and training relays
- Engages in participant follow up before and after Face-to-Face training sessions
- Develops course content in accordance with learning and development module designs
- Conducts Learning Needs Analyses
- Reporting for courses animated or co-animated
Minimum required knowledge and experience
- Excellent communication skills in English and French, including public speaking, presentation skills and drafting of complex texts
- Minimum 5 years’ experience/training in public speaking/acting/anchoring will be an important asset
- Training experience is an important asset; strong willingness to further develop training competences
- Experience in team leadership and management
- University degree is desired, but not exclusively, in Communication, Acting/Drama, Education, Business, Psychology, etc.
- Strong intercultural skills: openness to and tolerance of different cultures, religions and opinions
- Fluent command of spoken and written English and French; other languages are an asset
- International experience is a definite asset
- Very good computer skills
- Ability to manage groups in an efficient and friendly manner
- Highly motivated individual with the desire to make a difference
- Available for frequent travel in the region and beyond, including irregular working hours
How to Apply:
Interested persons with the required background and experience are invited to submit their application to: Human Resource Office at the e-mail address; firstname.lastname@example.org before February 4th, 2018 (indicate the position title in the subject line).
Please include: detailed Curriculum Vitae and motivation letter, copies of relevant certificates, current and expected remuneration and contact details of three referees.
NB: ONLY EMAILED APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED
The ICRC does not charge a fee at any single stage of the recruitment process