The Rural Electrification Authority, a State Corporation established under the Energy Act No. 12 of 2006, is mandated to enhance provision of electricity in the rural areas of Kenya. It is also the lead agency in the development and promotion of renewable energy in Kenya.
Through its mandate, the Authority seeks to improve the socio-economic well-being of Kenyans living in rural areas. Since commencing operations in the 2008/09 financial year, the Authority has endeavoured to realize this objective and through its efforts, 70% of all the public facilities now have electricity.
Moving forward, the Authority will put more focus on renewable energy to provide electricity to areas far away from the national grid network.
The Authority is looking for experienced, highly motivated and results oriented individuals to fill vacancies in the organization. The applicants must be self-driven individuals who are focused and committed to driving the REA mandate.
They will work with their departmental teams in spearheading/embracing innovations, work ethics and must possess high level of integrity.
Applications are invited from professionals who meet ALL the minimum qualifications for the following position:
Manager, Information Communication and Technology
One (1) Post- On Permanent and Pensionable Terms
The Manager will oversee the acquisition, Design, development, implementation and support of the ICT systems in Rural Electrification Authority and will report to the General Manager Corporate Services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement ICT Departmental plans, policies, systems, norms and procedures and coordinate preparation of annual Departmental Performance Contracts;
- Monitoring and evaluating implementation of ICT systems and staff performance Contracts;
- Advising the REA management on ICT systems and infrastructure;
- Approve technical specifications for all ICT equipment by ensuring standards for Voice, Radio, Video and Data communications/IT networks for all offices/stations of the Authority are adhered to ;
- Provide technical leadership and guidance on matters pertaining to ICT as necessary and ensure timely delivery of projects;
- Participate in formulation of ICT systems design standards and ensure that they are adhered to;
- Supervise and provide guidance to procured ICT consultants, implementers and suppliers;
- Manage human, financial and material resources assigned to the department;
- Providing advisory functions to top management on all matters relating to the implementation ICT systems;
- Preparing monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, annual performance reports and submit them to the General Manager Corporate Services;
- Ensures that the acquired systems support the Authority’s core function of projects implementation, management and control and further support effective communication and information sharing;
- Develop clear procedures on the distribution and issuance of ICT resources;
- Any other duty that may be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or IT, Information Systems or related field from a recognized institution ;
- Master of Science in Computer Science/IT or Information Systems or related field from a recognized institution;
- Member of the Computer Society of Kenya or other relevant professional bodies is an added advantage;
- Leadership or Management course is an added advantage;
- SAP Advance Business Applications Programming (ABAP/4) is an added advantage.
Experience and Competencies:
- Eight (8)years’ relevant working experience, 3 years of which must be at management level;
- High integrity and professional standards;
- Outstanding professional competence in legal audit frame work as reflected in work performance and results;
- Prior experience in managing a department in a busy environment;
- Decision making and problem solving skills;
- Meets the requirements of chapter six of the constitution.
a) Apply for a position through a standard one-page letter, attaching a detailed CV and copies of certificates;
b) All applicants MUST
(i) Complete a BIO DATA form which can be obtained HERE from the REA website and send the same IN SOFT (NOT SCANNED) to the Chief Executive Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org.
(ii) In addition to the Bio Data form, submit HARD COPIES of their applications together with their updated Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of academic and professional certificates before or on the closing date.
c) Candidates must submit Tax Compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority, Clearance Certificates from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission and Higher Education Loans Board; and a valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI).
e) Qualified persons including physically challenged, youth and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
f) Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications should reach:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Rural Electrification Authority,
Kawi House, Block C/South C-Bellevue,
P.O Box 34585-00100,
On/or before 31st January, 2018.