Vacant Position: Livestock Production Project Officer
Inades Formation is a pan African organization working in ten (10) African Countries viz Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Chad, Cote D’Ivoire, Rwanda, Tanzania, Kenya, Togo and DR Congo.
In Kenya, the offices are situated in Machakos town – approximately 60 km east of Nairobi. Inades – Formation Kenya is expanding its programme activities in areas of Livestock production, value addition and marketing and is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of a Livestock value chain project officer to be based in Machakos with field activities in the lower eastern region effective immediately.
Interested candidates should have the following qualifications and competencies:
- A university degree in Livestock production or related.
- At least three years working experience for non-profit organization/s.
- Experience in Livestock value chain Management
- Demonstrated experience in working with local implementing partners.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven track record on fundraising skills.
- Excellent Monitoring and evaluation skills.
Roles and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will work closely with other projects to promote synergy and complementarity in the following:
1. Implementation of livestock production and management activities:
- Map and identify the existing livestock production groups in the project area.
- Form and train producer and marketing groups in areas where they do not exist.
- Profile the agricultural practices and technologies used in livestock production by the groups and identify the training gaps and needs within the groups.
- Identify the appropriate agricultural production techniques and technologies that can be applied to enhance livestock improvement and increased productivity.
- With support from programmes manager, develop training manuals and materials with respect to the training needs identified that will enhance the achievement of desired outcomes and impact
- Identify and train Lead Farmers (men, women and youth) per producer groups who will serve as the group/ cluster -based farmer resource persons (FRP’s)technical expert.
- Conduct regular and periodic Follow-up, monitoring and evaluation of the project performance and up-scaling of the appropriate technologies.
- Documentation and sharing of best practices and lessons