Job Title: Laboratory Technologist
Reports to: Clinical Operations Coordinator / Hospital Manager
Department: Clinical Operations
Business Purpose / Objective: The licensed, experienced Lab technologist will work in the Jacaranda Maternity Clinic.
This role is critical and requires tangible experience setting up laboratory operations in a startup/comparable facility for the first time.
The position seeks experience in maternal and child health, and a strong commitment to providing friendly and respectful care to all women.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collection, preparation and management of samples and specimen including safe disposal.
- Cleaning of laboratory apparatus and equipment.
- Media preparation.
- Keeping of laboratory records.
- Inventory and Stock Management.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisors.
- Diploma/Certificate in Medical Laboratory sciences or its equivalent.
- Valid License from Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians Technologist Board. (KMLTTB)
Experience: Position holder should have at least 3 years’ experience working as a licensed Lab technologist in a busy Laboratory and experience setting up start up medical Lab operations in a health facility.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Excellent analytical reasoning skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Computer literacy, with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.