KCB Group Limited
Job Title: Applications Developer
The Position: Reporting to the Senior Manager Application Development, the developer shall build and customize applications, systems and interfaces to support internal process and business departments.
The developer will interact with third party service providers as well as other internal IT units.
The developer must demonstrate a strong understanding of and high regard for ubiquitous computing solutions (mobile and web) including multi-channel systems integrations for business delivery for both bank corporate and retail customers.
- Design and develop solutions for Internet Banking, Mobile Banking, and Agency Banking systems and other alternative channels.
- Interact closely with business owners and other key stakeholders to understand and document functional and non-functional requirements.
- Develop Systems and Interfaces using alternative Technologies to drive business.
- Accountable for development and timely delivery of quality software applications throughout a software project cycle.
- Work with EBM Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) for service orchestration and systems integration.
- Development and customization of T24 Core Banking System to meet business needs.
- Work closely with Enterprise Architecture and Software Quality Assurance teams to ensure adherence to enterprise solution design principles and software quality design and implementation standards.
- Perform functional and system Integration tests and play a key role in facilitating User acceptance tests (UATs) throughout the UAT cycles.
- Work closely with IT Risk and Security to incorporate information systems security design and development principles to ensure that the applications are well secured and mitigate any risks exposure.
For the above position, the successful applicant should meet the following criteria:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or any Information Technology related field
- Professional Java and Oracle certifications are desirable.
- Minimum experience in:
- a. Building Java Enterprise Applications and Systems Integrations – 5 years
- b. Oracle Database programming using PLSQL– 3 years
- Broad understanding of software engineering principles and secure software development methodologies.
- Knowledge of SQL scripting with relational databases and experience with Unix/Linux operating systems
- Knowledge inT24 Core Banking System development is desirable
- Thorough Understanding of Software Development Life Cycles (SDLC) paradigms including Agile Software Development Process
- Experience in developing of Mobile & Web application and integrations
- Creativity and alternative thinking to develop new ideas for and answers to software related problems.
The above position is a demanding role for which the Bank will provide a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate.
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please CLICK HERE to submit your application with a detailed CV on our recruitment portal.
To be considered your application must be received by Monday 22nd January, 2018
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
NB: In the event that you are invited to interview for any positions, we will require that you provide us with the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA Pin Card
- Birth Certificate of self
- Passport Photo (White Background)
- NSSF Card
- NHIF Card
- Police Clearance Certificate (less than 5 Months old)
- Academic and Professional certificates, including official transcripts
- Certificates of Service from previous employers as applicable