KEMRI – FACES
Program Description: Family AIDS and Education Services (FACES) is collaboration between the Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI), University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) and University of Washington (UW) – and other affiliated institutions.
Family AIDS Care and Education Services (FACES) program, is a comprehensive HIV prevention and Treatment program managing many sites within in Kisumu County.
FACES program is seeking for a self-motivated and proactive individual to fill the vacancy below:
Vacant Position: Data / QI Coordinator
Vacancy No. FN-005-01-2018
Reports to: Monitoring, Learning and Evaluation Manager
Duty Station: Kisumu
Duration: 1 year Renewable Contract as per KEMRI Scheme of Service. The first 3 months is a probation period
Position Summary: In collaboration with the FACES monitoring and Evaluation Manager Conducts studies and analyzes data to evaluate the performance in quality improvement. Analyzes, develops and implements improvement activities to increase compliance rates and Leads and participates in special projects, as directed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide program leadership in formulating techniques for quality data collection to ensure adequacy, accuracy and legitimacy of data
- Devise and implement efficient and secure procedures for data handling and analysis with attention to all technical aspects (electronic and non- electronic health facilities) including weekly data backups
- Support Data Quality Officers/MLE Officers in the daily use of data systems and ensure adherence to program standards
- Responsible for IeDEA data management and reporting
- Supervise sub county data quality officers and ensure they carry out facility data audits
- Work closely with the MLE Department in auditing and validation of the DHIS/DATIM and FACES DHIS 2 database
- Work closely with MOH counterparts, including health facilities site visits to ensure systems are in alignment with HMIS standards and to strengthen health facility systems capacity
- Ensure OpenMRS/KenyaEMR, eFTCR, eMCHR, RedCAP databases and archives are protected from security breaches and data losses
- Monitor and analyze information and data systems and evaluate their performance to discover ways of enhancing them (new technologies, upgrades etc.
- Troubleshoot data-related problems and authorize maintenance or modifications in collaboration with regional data quality officers
- Work closely with MLE Coordinator to support EMR sites reporting and registers e.g MOH 731, Green card, Bluecard, MOH 361A, MOH 361B and other supplemental forms
- Participate in design and validate databases including designing or testing logic checks
- Design systems for receiving, processing, or tracking data
- Develop work instruction manuals, data capture guidelines, or standard operating procedures
- Plan and facilitate on technical procedures or program usage to FACES and MOH staff
- Manage Sub county data quality Officers department while overseeing EMR data entry and accuracy at program level
- Assist with reports and data extraction when needed
- Create and enforce policies for effective data management
- Represent FACES and participate in SI related regional and national meetings and forums as requested
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in either Social science, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, or Statistics.
- Minimum of 3 year’s relevant work experience preferably in a clinical research setup
Other Required Skills
- Must be competent in computer statistical packages i.e. SPSS, SAS or STATA
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and timelines.
- Ability to represent findings and conclusions effectively in appropriate tabular, graphic and written formats.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with professional colleagues, public and private sector officials and regional professionals
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||