Kenya Investment Authority (Keninvest), is established under the Investment Promotion Act 2004.
The Authority’s mandate ¡s to promote and facilitate private investment by both domestic and international investors.
The Authority is seeking to recruit a suitable candidate for the position of: Manager, Internal Audit .
Job Title: Manager, Internal Audit
Job Scale 9
Reports to: Board of Directors functionally and to Managing Director administratively.
Division / Section / Unit: Internal Audit
- Internal Audit Officer
- Temporal Staff
Location: Head Office Nairobi
Job Purpose: To develop and ensure that internal control systems are working effectively and are adhered to.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide secretarial services to the Board Audit and Risk Committee;
- Provide independent and objective assurance and consulting activity of KenInvest’s operations to the Audit & Risk Committee and the MD on the overall adequacy and effectiveness of KENINVEST’s arrangements for governance and internal controls and their impact on the operations of the organization;
- Provide effective leadership to the audit teams in reviewing the operations and controls of the Board;
- Interpret prevailing policies for sound auditing principles and control;
- Contribute as appropriate to the performance of other functions and to the overall achievement of the Board’s strategic objective;
- Report to the Audit Committee quarterly on the implementation of the annual audit plan;
- Prepare board papers for Board Audit & Risk committee meetings;
- Participate in the development and review of the Institution’s strategic plan;
- Spearhead risk assessment of the department;
- Develop implement and continuously review the KenInvest’s Internal Audit framework and policy and operating procedures;
- Assess the relevance, reliability, integrity, timeliness and adequacy of programmes and financial information;
- Establish, implement and monitor risk based internal audit mechanisms;
- Ensures independent appraisals of KenInvest activities, functions and operations to ensure internal control frameworks are in place and operating efficiently.
- Lead and carry out special investigations, unplanned internal audit works and systems audits;
- Ascertain the extent of compliance with board and government established procedures;
- Prepare and submit audit reports including audit recommendations to the management and to the Full Board through the Board Audit Committee;
- Carry out follow up audits to ensure implementation of external and internal audit recommendations by the management;
- Co-ordinate the review of the implementation of the risk management framework in order to ensure that risk management is effectively encompassed in all Board’s processes;
- Perform value for money audits to determine value of completed and ongoing projects and to examine whether KenInvest has attained economy, efficiency and effectiveness in the management of allocated funds;
- Develop work plans and budgets for the Department and oversee the execution of the approved departmental work plans and budgets; and
- Perform any duty as may be assigned from time to time.
Education and Qualifications:
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree from an accredited University with an emphasis in Commerce, Accounting, Economics, Management or Business Administration or in a related field.
- CPA (K), ACCA.
- Member of a relevant Professional Body
- Meet the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution
- Management Course not lasting less than 4 weeks Skills and experience:
- At least eight (8) years’ work experience with at least three (3) years in auditing and accounting in a senior position in the public sector or reputable private sector institution;
- Knowledge of local and international investment matters;
- Knowledge of Government and Donor financial and Procurement regulations and procedures;
- Demonstrate results in work performance;
- Knowledge of International Accounting and Audit Standards;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Good analytical skills;
- Computer literacy; and
- Team player.
Key Performance Indicators
- Enhanced service delivery;
- Reduction of audit queries;
- Timely and regular minutes and papers for the Board Audit & Governance Committee;
- Satisfaction of the Board Committee.
How to Apply
Submit your resume and cover letter, including compensation requirements to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line.
Deadline of application: 26th January 2018