A learning institution offering an international curriculum in Kenya is seeking to recruit an Arabic teacher.
The school provides high quality education from the ages of 3 to 18 and follows the UK Curriculum (IGCSE, AS & A Levels).
The successful candidate will be able to deliver lessons that inspire students to succeed in order to achieve the best possible outcomes.
- Teaching of the Arabic language to students in Years 7-13.
- Prepare schemes of work and lesson plans according to the syllabus.
- Plan, initiate and guide the units of study in Arabic which involve speaking, listening, writing, and reading.
- Create and evaluate assessments of each student’s work and keep records updated.
- Administer and mark assessments.
- Communicate regularly and constructively with students and staff.
- Set and assign appropriate homework on a regular basis to reinforce student learning and to prepare them for further class activities.
- Use teaching methods that are engaging to students, stimulating intellectual curiosity including the use of effective questioning, presentation and resources.
- Set high expectations for students behavior, establishing and maintaining a good standard of behavior management through well focused teaching and through positive and productive relationships
- Contribute to the extra-curricular activities programme
- Degree or post graduate diploma in Education in Arabic studies.
- Fluency in Arabic language
- Experience in teaching Arabic in an international school
If you are qualified and motivated to work, we would like to hear from you.
Kindly submit your application accompanied by a detailed CV to the email address below, not later than 19th January 2018: firstname.lastname@example.org