Our client is a medium law firm based in Kenya and they are seeking to recruit a dynamic well-qualified and highly motivated individual to fill the position of a Legal Secretary.
Role Purpose: The purpose of the role is to manage the secretarial and administrative section of the law firm.
This includes receiving and directing Clients to relevant offices and Advocates, receiving and dispatching mails, filling and archiving of relevant documents for client cases, typing legal documents, management of the Advocate’s diary, receiving calls and advising clients in consultation with the Advocates and ensuring effectiveness and satisfactory service delivery and acting as a supervisor.
- Maintaining and updating the Advocates’ diary to ensure appointments and court attendances are well coordinated;
- Typing, proof reading, editing and printing letters and other legal documents on word processor;
- Drafting and dispatching letters to clients and ensure they have been served with the letters and documents relevant to the case or meetings on time keep an electronic copy for easy retrieval.
- Facilitating opening, managing, maintenance of client files and filing documents into the client files
- Attending to clients and providing advice to clients as may be directed by the Advocate
- Ensuring cleanliness and organized arrangement of the reception area for optimum comfort of guests and clients
- Taking minutes during meetings and dictation from Advocates
- Collating all documents required for court cases and conveyance meetings and ensure they are ready and in order
- Acting as a point of contact/liaison between the Advocate and the clients.
Qualifications / Skills / Knowledge
- Diploma in Secretarial Studies (KNEC)
- Must have attained a mean grade of C+ in KCSE with C+ and above in English
- Certificate in Computer packages and ability to use Word Processor and Excel
- Must have worked in a busy law firm with experience in conveyancing and litigation for at least 2 years
- Must have excellent skills in Communication and Public Relations.
- Be ready to work under a very demanding schedule with ability to handle pressure.
- Must have excellent planning and organizational skills.
If you meet the said requirements please send your application in confidence by email attaching your detailed latest CV to: (DO NOT ATTACH CERTIFICATES)
NB: Clearly state the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email and indicate your current and expected salary.
Closing date for applications is Friday, 26th January 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.