Company Profile: Our client with a global presence in Logistics is looking to hire a Logistics Manager to oversee a fleet of over 1,000 heavy commercial vehicles. Preferably a Kenyan National with experience in motor mechanics.
Position: Logistics Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
The Role: Will oversee revenue, cost, personnel and logistics systems and direct daily operations. Also to plan, direct, coordinate purchasing, warehousing, distribution, forecasting, customer service, or planning services.
- Strategically plan and manage logistics, warehouse, transportation and customer services
- Direct, optimize and coordinate full order cycle
- Liaise and negotiate with suppliers, manufacturers, retailers and consumers
- Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency
- Use IT systems to manage stock levels, delivery times and transport costs
- Use associated information systems to coordinate and control the order cycle
- Use data from IT systems to evaluate performance and quality and to plan improvements
- Allocate and manage staff resources according to changing needs, manage staff
- Liaise and negotiate with customers and suppliers
- Develop business by gaining new contracts, analyzing logistical problems and producing new solutions
- Understand, work with and help to develop e-commerce
- Continually try to improve and develop business performance within the constraints of legislation, fuel costs and rising environmental pressures.
- Arrange warehouse, catalog goods, plan routes and process shipments
- Resolve any arising problems or complaints
- Supervise, coach and train warehouse workforce
- Meet cost, productivity, accuracy and timeliness targets
- Maintain metrics and analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements
- Comply with laws, regulations and ISO requirements
- Implement health and safety procedures
- Manage staff training issues and motivate other members of the team
- Project manage, set objectives, plan projects, work on new supply strategies and plan vehicle routes.
- Degree in Business Administration, Logistics or Supply Chain
- Not less than 10 years of proven working experience as a logistics manager
- Record of successful distribution and logistics management
- Demonstrable ability to lead and manage staff
- Must hold relevant qualifications and systems training associated with Logistics Management
- Must have effective communication skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks all with an attention to fine detail.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organisational skills
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects
- The job may require a very significant international focus where knowledge of international commerce, finance and import/export laws are essential and fluency in a foreign language is recommended.
To apply for this position, send your CV to email@example.com quoting the position in the subject line, current and expected salary.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted