Job Title: Bartender – Luxury Apartments
Gross Salary: 30k plus service fee
Job Location: Nairobi
Our client is fast becoming a lead in luxury living.
They currently operate luxury serviced apartments in the Nairobi suburbs.
They seek to hire a Bartender responsible for serving patrons at the bar and fulfilling drink orders at the establishment.
He will also monitor the cash drawer at the bar and conduct alcohol inventories at the end of each night to help in maintaining proper inventory levels.
- Mixing beverages using an extensive range of ingredients including liquor, bitters, soda, water, sugar, and fruits
- Taking beverage orders from customers or wait staff and serving drinks as requested, paying extreme attention to detail
- Satisfying patron requests in a timely manner
- Assessing customer preferences and making drink recommendations
- Providing a positive and friendly guest experience by interacting with patrons
- Collecting money for drinks served and providing change as needed
- Checking identification to verify legal age requirements for all customers
- Balancing cash receipts
- Keeping a well-stocked bar with an adequate supply of liquor, beer, wine, mixers, ice, napkins, straws, glassware, and other accessories
- Cleaning the bar, tables, chairs, and work area to maintain a sanitary environment
- Organising the bar area to streamline drink preparation and inventory
- Placing orders for liquor, beer, wine, and other supplies
- Planning bar menus
- Preparing and serving appetisers, snacks, or other food items for customers at the bar
- Complying with all food and beverage regulations
- Limiting customer problems by restricting alcohol intake and attempting to curtail inappropriate behaviour
- 2 years’ experience working as a Bartender
- Extensive Knowledge of Drink Mixing and Garnishing,
- Strong Communication Skills, Positive Attitude, Personable demeanour,
- Organized with the ability to multitask and pay attention to detail
- Ability to Stand for Long Periods,
- Strong Observational Skills, Conflict Resolution,
- Computer Literacy
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Cook – Luxury Apartments) to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 31st January 2018.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted