Job Title: Waiter – Luxury Apartments
Job Industry: Hospitality
Gross Salary: 23k plus service fee
Our client is fast becoming a lead in luxury living.
They currently operate luxury serviced apartments in the Nairobi suburbs.
They seek to hire a waiter to contribute to overall guests’ satisfaction by ensuring that all the food and beverages ordered by guests are served correctly as per the laid down standard procedures.
- Ensure that the tasks allocated by the captain/ Head waiter are carried out satisfactorily
- Attend to pre-service briefing organized by the supervisor before service starts
- Receive guests to the station by sitting them, unfolding napkins, lighting candle and proceeding to take their order for drinks and then food
- After successfully serving the guests, present the bill for payment in the prescribed manner
- Obtain a feedback from the guests regarding the meal then pass any positive /negative feedback /comments to the supervisor
- Do all closing duties as instructed by the supervisor before leaving for the day
- Have all the waiters working tools i.e. Match box, cork screw, service cloths, captain order, pen and service tray
- Ensure that the stations are kept orderly at all times and tables wiped and reset after every sitting. Ensure the sits are returned to their correct positions after use
- Education Background in hospitality or related field preferable from Utalii College
- At least 3 years of experience in specialty bar operations and beverage production
- Excellent communication and numeric skills
- Ability to keep a calm, mature, professional demeanor when needed
- Proactive approach to problem-solving and ability to multitask
- Excellent time management skills and ability to self-direct when necessary
- High level of organization
- Sense of urgency and high energy levels
- Ability to work well within groups and appreciation of diversity
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Waiter – Luxury Apartments) to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 31st January 2018.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted