Who We Are: Magnate Ventures focus is in strategic advertising development, printing, promotions, supply, manufacture, installation and maintenance of all types of indoor and outdoor Billboards, signage and promotional materials.
Our fundamental objective is to deliver a highly visible and visually attractive image of our customers’ products and services through creative artistic impression and strategic positioning.
Magnate Ventures Ltd was established in 1996 and started operations in 1997. In 1999, it acquired Kenya Neon and General Signs, one of the long-standing and best equipped signage companies, thereby creating one of the strongest signage and image companies in Kenya.
The company has experienced a healthy growth pattern since its first year of operation and aims to maintain sustained growth through expansion of operations to cover the region as well as extension of product lines.
Magnate Ventures currently has operations in South Sudan, Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania.
To ensure we provide our clients with Quality products and services, Magnate ventures has implemented the requirements of ISO 9001-2008 Quality Management systems.
This has placed Magnate Ventures as the first Outdoor Company in the region to be certified. This certification affirms that we have put in place the necessary Quality Management Systems and procedures that will enable us focus on customer satisfaction by providing excellent products and services while adhering to prudent management practices.
Magnate Ventures Ltd is seeking:
Position Title: Head of Procurement
Reporting to: Managing Director
Overall Purpose: Magnate Ventures Ltd is looking for Head of Procurement who will be responsible for all procurement related activities and new office set-ups.
This includes managing the procurement and logistics team, developing and implementing strong governance through procurement/ logistics policies, processes & controls, developing company specific cost optimization programs through innovative procurement strategies, implementing procurement plans based on projects forecast and preparing the annual materials budget based on the business plan.
The position is also responsible planning and leading in negotiating with all vendors for best value for the organization and ensuring deliveries for goods and services are done on time and in full.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Execute strong governance through planning, developing, organizing, directing, managing and evaluating the operations and budget of the company.
- Oversee, coordinate and report to the Board of Directors on the progress of all activities of shipments, logistics and local purchases as key procurement functions.
- Review all the procurement policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance to all procurement policies and procedures as appropriate thus ensuring an efficient and auditable procurement trail.
- Oversee and participate in the timely receipt and distribution of all incoming deliveries according to company standards.
- Control stock, replenish from external suppliers and from other sites within the division when necessary.
- Implement a code of ethics and policy for internal staff and suppliers.
- Ensure delivery for goods and services are done on time and in full.
- Develop supplier relationship management tools for measuring supplier performance.
- Plan, coordinate and ensure that the Tender Committee functions effectively for products and services that are best procured through tendering and be the secretary to the Tender Committee.
- Implement cataloguing for increasing sourcing efficiency and therefore saving on time.
- Ensure contracts are in place for delivery of goods and services and that the contract negotiations are thoroughly done to safe guard the organization.
- Work with the relevant Project Managers in developing and implementing procurement strategies/ project execution plans etc. to ensure the best procurement practice and potential gains to the company.
- Responsible for strategic purchasing and sourcing initiatives for materials to ensure that the company holds a competitive advantage in the outside supply of goods services. Obtaining approval for such initiatives and the subsequent implementations of the same.
- Manage negotiations as appointed with potential suppliers, sub-contractors, service providers and procurement agencies (as appropriate) to obtain “assessed bids” in line with or better than project cost allowances and required deliverables.
- Manage, motivate, encourage and supervise the procurement and logistics team towards achieving desired goals and optimal outcome.
Key Performance Indicators
Financials: Adherence to Procurement budget
Customer / Business: SLA’s, Internal/ external customer satisfaction
Delivery: Ensure Products are delivered as per established timelines
- Bachelor’s Degree/ Diploma in a relevant field
- Relevant professional qualification and membership
- 8 years relevant experience with at least 2 years managerial level and in Treasury function of a company with business
- Demonstrate high levels of integrity.
- Decision making.
- Ability to interpret long term plans, programs and budgets developed senior management level.
- Interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Business/ Financial Acumen, Business Savvy, Innovative.
- Project management skills.
- Ability to develop plans programs, SOPS, and coordination of workflows.
- Strategic management skills.
- Experience of leading / participating in teams handling procurement of capex items in an IT / ITeS organization
- Knows and understands core business of the business units
- Strong negotiation and vendor management skills
- Has strong management skills and conflict resolution skills
- Communication skills
To apply, kindly send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com