Vacant Position: Field Debt Collection Agent
About Malaika Africa: Malaika Africa is a microfinance that is involved in peer to peer lending based in Nairobi.
As a results of growth in customer numbers and expansion in geographical coverage we have an open position for a Field debt collect or to serve the company in recovery of the debt owed to the company.
We are looking for eligible people to work as debt recovery field agents.
Field Debt Collection Job Responsibilities
- Negotiating lump-sum payment or other payment plan with the debtor for settlement of the arrears
- Conduct proper follow-ups on all arrears and update records
- Ensure allocated accounts are monitored on a daily basis and appropriate actions taken to ensure that the collection portfolio remains within accepted limits through the application of sound credit judgment within policy guidelines.
- Gathering all information necessary to start building positive relationships with debtors upon first contact
- Using Excel, analyze debt collection and loan repayment trends
- Investigate and resolve any customer queries and complaints through written correspondence with the client.
- Perform field visits and submit weekly reports/action plans to recover debt. Work closely with the Collection’s department on their portfolio management
- Ranking accounts to help prioritize and determine an effective and appropriate contact strategy
- Identifying the essential elements of effective credit policies and use them to evaluate the policies in place at the organization
- Skip Tracing to locate debtors
- A tend to any other duties as assigned by management.
Qualifications for the Debt Collection
- Experience in debt collection
- Experience in a microfinance, bank or any financial institution
- A good level of general education-Diploma or degree
- Computer literacy
- Education background in sales/Marketing
- Good communication skills
- Highly motivated
- Integrity and ability to work with minimum supervision
- Process discipline-Ability to follow processes and procedures
How to Apply:
Send your resume and application letters to email@example.com,before 31st January 2018.
Indicate the position applied as the subject.
Kindly note: Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.