Sheer Logic Management Consultants is seeking to engage a dynamic individual for a Management Accountant position for one of our clients.
Purpose Statement of the Position: The jobholder will be responsible for working with company’s management in helping them make upper level management decisions through timely facilitation of financial information that will inform the business strategy.
Management Accountant Job Responsibilities
- Advise managers about the financial implications of business decisions to aid growth and profit.
- Record financial transactions for project, department or company.
- Prepare financial statements for internal and external use.
- Reconcile spending with budget as part of job costing.
- Helps management use financial information to inform business strategy.
- Relays information from accounting department to management team.
- Analyse financial performance and forecast longer term horizons.
- Recommend methods and strategies for cutting cost.
- Maintain records and support auditing efforts.
- Advise company and/or department management on financial decisions
- Make upper-level strategy recommendations based on financials.
- Preparing reports, budgets, commentaries and financial statements.
- Undertaking financial administration and internal audits
- Liaising with managerial staff and other colleagues
- Developing and managing financial systems/policies
- Negotiating and obtaining finance for major projects/initiatives
- Controlling and forecasting income and expenditure
- Creating business strategies to generate shareholder value.
- Analysis of stock movements/levels at any given time
- Debt management for every account
- Accounting of every coin paid out be it to suppliers or expenses
- Evaluating & Analysis of all sales, payment and banking.
- Analysis of all taxes payable to the necessary authority and being conversant with our tax health at any time.
- Knowledge with importation process and costing.
Requirements for the Management Accountant Job
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with a professional qualification in CPA (K) or its equivalent.
- At least 3 years of corporate accounting experience in a busy accounting work environment preferably with an FMCG.
- Experience in corporate finance or management accounting is highly desirable.
- Proficiency in Sage and Microsoft Excel (Very important).
Competencies and Skills Required
- High interpersonal skills and ability to interact with people from all walks of life.
- Attention to detail.
- Communication skills
- Numerical acumen and analytical.
- Holding people accountable
- Good planning and organization skills.
- Team player with proven leadership skills.
- Good decision maker.
- Delegation and management skills.
- Strategic Orientation
- Business Focus
- Evaluation & Reporting
- Ethical and holds high integrity
How to Apply:
If you believe your career objectives match this exciting position, please forward your application and detailed C.V stating your current position, remuneration, contact details by 29th January 2018 to the Sheer Logic Management Consultants E- Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org clearly marking – “Management Accountant”
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Our Client is an Equal opportunity employer.